“Brilliant Day - Passionate People”
Review of Falconry Days

Falconry Days
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Hexham
More attraction details
Owner description: Bird Of Prey Centre with over 75 birds of prey from around the world located in the middle of Northumberlands National Park.Visitor centre open every day from 11am, picnic area, hot/cold drinks and light snacks.
Newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant Day - Passionate People”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend bought me an owl encounter as a present - we spent a few hours here seeing all the birds they had at the centre as well as getting to handle and fly some owls. The organisers are incredibly passionate about what they do and very knowledgeable. This is not a zoo or a big commercial venture but a place where people with a genuine love and understanding of birds of prey carefully take care of some fantastic birds and love to show them off like proud parents. We leant a lot about the birds - not just the owls we had paid to see but other birds of prey too. The birds are relaxed and happy. It is easy to find but allow a little extra time to get there as it is a little way out along a narrow country road. Worth the visit. Areas of the farm are fairly accessible and there is an accessible WC. A wheelchair user wouldn't be able to access all areas but can reach the display area.

Visited June 2014

“First class , wonderful experience”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Wonderful morning , the care and passion shown for all of the birds is amazing. Would recommend owl experience to anyone, beautiful majestic birds set in breath taking scenery. Go visit

Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Absolutely brilliant!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I was given an Owl Encounter as a pressie from my daughter for Mother's Day and my sister decided to join me. What a fantastic few hours we both had at the centre. The lady (sorry I can't remember her name) who shared her knowledge, love and passion for not just the owls but all of the birds of prey was brilliant. The staff care very much for all the birds and they are very well looked after. Handling the owls was just brilliant, an experience that will stay with my sister and myself. There was no hurry to do anything, plenty of time given for photo opportunities and to ask lots of questions. We were also able to look around the centre and see the other birds of prey and nothing was hurried, the staff were only too willing to answer our questions and to share their excellent knowledge of the birds. We will be back to take part in another experience day and to visit. I would highly recommend Falconry Days to anyone interested in birds.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had been visiting Corbridge, for a family holiday and had found a leaflet for Falconry. The farm is easy to find, but be prepared for a long drive along a narrow road. When we arrived at the farm Mandy was a very welcoming host she is very knowledgeable and friendly. The birds are well cared for in clean enclosures. You are able to walk around the farm and see the birds in their enclosures and then you can fly the birds. I have experienced a falconry day before, but I have to say I learnt more about the birds and their natural environment with Mandy than I did before. This has to be one of the highlights of my holiday and if I lived closer I would be a regular visitor. It is a very relaxed day with tea and coffee available. An absolute must and if you have never experienced or even if you have give it a go, you won't regret it.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“TOTALLY BRILLIANT!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Bought an Owl Encounter for my husband as a present, and bought one for myself as well!. He loves birds - I am not so keen.
We went on Sunday 1st June 2014, which was a beautiful morning, and had a fantastic time. The staff are very friendly and knowledgable, answering questions fully (however daft the quations might have been).
The Encounter was well planned and very enjoyable, and the owls were just amazing!
A great location with beautiful surroundings.
Book this, even if you aren't a total bird fan, you may well be converted!

1 Thank Barbara G