“Fantastic - everything I'd hoped for”
Review of The Tannery

The Tannery
Ranked #34 of 117 Restaurants in Hexham
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Every time I read reviews on TA I wonder if people have been to the same place as me.... Fantastic pub. After years of living in Hexham and there never has been anywhere to go for a drink, I am a serial returner! Reasons .... Great people, great and friendly staff and proper pub grub ... Not gastro pub overpriced rubbish but huge portions of fab things. Never drunk beer until now, I am a convert. For everyone who has posted about dogs, please remember there are two distinct rooms, one dog free and the other dog friendly. Choose if it bothers you . As for "loud" bar staff, remember that enthusiasm is infectious and comes with a hug and a super warm welcome. If you don't like it here you haven't got a soul. Simply fabulous. Welcome to all who love it, find some heartless empty place for those who are criticising.

3  Thank goddess1_8

Reviewed 24 May 2014

At long last a decent pub in Hexham. If you like proper beer, a decent, nay extravagant, choice of gin and the proper grown up ambience of a real pub then give it a go. Just enough food on menu to fit the bill, thankfully not served restaurant style but good old fashioned "pub with food" not the other (wrong) way round. Quality burgers, proper home made chips - no fuss!

We love this place, it's very inclusive with a great mix of people and even better it's dog friendly, just what a market town like Hexham needs.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, lovely staff and more gin than even I could get through! Just what Hexham needs.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Checked out this newly reopened pub recently. Nice relaxed atmosphere, good music & good selection of wines. If you like visiting kennels or dog fights you will also really enjoy going here, a lot of dog walkers were wondering in throughout the evening which resulted in a lot of yapping & also the resident dog jumping up onto seats & sniffing around feet, kind of annoying after a while. Also pricing of drinks seemed a bit bizarre as a half & glass of wine came to £7 then a pint & wine came to the same amount- not quite sure if I was over charged or not as wine glasses weren't clearly marked for measures. I would visit again due to music & atmosphere but its prices are a bit steep.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Came to try out the new pub on the block. Quirky but well done out serving a good selection of real ales. The menu has a large number of burgers of huge proportions. If you wish to be super sized then you will love this. Personally it's not all about quantity I feel. I opted for the three dirty great sausages which turned out to be just three sausages and mash. Not terribly inspiring. The table we had also had dried tomato ketchup all over it and our meal was accompanied by the loud shouts of the bar staff. My partner had a burger which he said was fine but we both felt it was expensive. My wine was good and I would return for a drink but not my idea of an evening meal out.

2  Thank ajh926