“Very good meal on my first visit”
Review of Diwan E Am Tandoori Restaurant - CLOSED

Diwan E Am Tandoori Restaurant
Price range: US$51 - US$51
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Home Counties, U.K.
“Very good meal on my first visit”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Visiting Hexham I tried this restaurant for an evening meal. Very friendly and helpful staff and a very good meal. Had a prawn starter and a chicken with spinach in lime main course. The decor is fairly standard for an Indian restaurant but the food was of a higher standard. I'd be happy to go there on a return visit.

Visited February 2014

Hexham
“Exceptionally good food.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Poppadoms and a very good selection of pickles - which were obviously freshly prepared. The starters were superb. then there was a good wait for the main course, and the staff apologized for the delay ( not our problem - sort it out chaps!) and to be honest I was just about ready to have a temper tantrum and then the main courses arrived. Oh it was good food. Really good. Lamb tender and juicy. Chicken light and succulent. A generous serving of very large prawns. Side dishes which really complimented the food. We have always gone to the Valley Restaurant in the past, this visit changed our allegiance - despite the long wait. The food is really seriously good. The staff did everything they could to make up for the wait. We left happy.

• Visited February 2014
Hexham
“Pre Christmas meal”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is my local Tandoori restaurant i go there because i know i will get a wonderful meal very good service and a friendly atmosphere and not too expensive .

• Visited December 2013
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Reminds me of a Indian restaurant c. 1973”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am absolutely dismayed by all the positive reviews here. I had to check twice it is the same restaurant. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I thought the food was dreadful, and the décor as the name implies, looks like something from the 1970's. Each to their own I suppose, but I would never eat here again.The pickles with the poppadoms had clearly being used by half of Hexham before they arrived at my table. I couldn't eat my starter it looked and tasted so awful. Main course was okay, but I've had better. The service was cloying, if we were asked once, we must have been asked a dozen times 'is everything alight'. I was sick of being interrupted. Honestly it was just the worst meal I've had in a very long time.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Catlady33
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
“It just gets better”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Great service and wonderful tasteful curries. - the staff are friendly and helpful. - takeaway or restaurant it's top notch

Visited January 2014