“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stage Hotel

Stage Hotel
Ranked #51 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed in.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked our rooms a month in advance and when we arrived, they'd given our double room away and couldn't find us another. They thought they had found us one but it was actually someone else's room who's possessions were still there and they said "we can take this stuff out and you have this room?". I immediately said no! Poor man. Then once they had found us one, it was 'brand new'... Just a bed. No bedside table, mirror, towels, the toilet leaked, the shower wasn't fitted, no shower curtain and the walls are paper thin. The receptionist couldn't speak English and she was trying to give out orders when there was a gentleman who spoke perfect English who understood our situation and didn't help. This is the worst part, 3 cars were set on fire on the car park because someone had a 'falling out' with the hotel workers. We weren't allowed in until 4am. Sincerely sorry for those who lost their cars in that situation. Do not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Don't expect too much & you won't be disappointed, the rooms are large but very tired, bathroom again was large, the shower over the bath was ok but not very powerful, there were 3 single beds in the room I stayed in which were all different, mine was comfortable enough.
Didn't have breakfast so can't comment in food, the hotel is central to town

• Stayed June 2013
Billericay, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We booked to stay one night in this hotel as we were visiting Nottingham University open day.
Should have trusted my instincts when we arrived as it looked grim from the outside but it was late and we were tired.
On the booking form it said facilities included TV tea and coffee making facilities.
No TV on towels in the bathroom.
Carpet stained, duvet's stained don't think they have ever been washed.
Mould in the bathroom, and the corridors smelt of a urinal.
The smoke alarm in the room was missing, the base of the alarm was hanging off the ceiling.
On further inspection of the beds looked like the sheets had not been washed properly as there was hair on the sheets.
Could not stay the night in that awful place, demanded a refund and left. Went to a Premier Inn instead, heaven compared the this hell hole.
This hotel should be closed down, it's a health hazard, never seen such an awful place.
never stay here

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We arrived to find out that the room we had booked had been cancelled by staff without informing us. There were no double rooms available so were offered two singles instead which would have cost us twice the price. Staff were very rude and very defensive, it was as if they knew who we were before we got there and knew that they had cancelled without informing us. Appalling customer service.
Having read all the reviews since we booked it two months previous,I think we dodged a bullet. We ended up staying in a lovely hotel. We also booked thorough late rooms.com which we were able to rebook through.

If I could give zero stars, I would!

Room Tip: Do not stay
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here with two friends for a weekend and after reading the reviews we were not expecting very much. However, for the price we paid which was like £20 each we couldn't have asked for much else from the hotel. Firstly, the staff were all very friendly who we dealt with, and with bad timings for our trains, they allowed us to leave our luggage there before and after our check in which was very helpful. The room was basic and if you looked for flaws, no doubt you would find them, but as we only wanted the room as a place to get ready and to sleep in after a night out it was fine. The hotel was also very convenient for the city centre, we walked through the day which took around 15/20 minutes which was straight down one road so was an easy walk. We got a taxi on the night which cost less than a fiver as well. Overall, if you are just looking for somewhere to stay with your friends for a weekend away then this hotel is ideal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Before I start bare in mind that the only good review here for this 'dive' seems to be from a student or drunk that simply needed a place to rest his little drunken head after a 'night on the town.'
Never in my life have I stayed in such a dump of a hotel! This is a dive in the old school sense if the word: dirty, surly service, cold and damp. Barely had my slightly less than petite deriavh touched the bed when its 'balsa' wood support collapsed. My one night there was terrifying, and the windows may as well have been wide open; Not only was the noise of constant traffic roaring all night, I had the pleasure of clearly being able to hear the babble of drunk students as they staggered past. I didn't get to sleep until gone 3am. On awaking my skin was crawling, and my recently abated eczema greeted me once again.
Breakfast was included so I thought I'd give it a go ..FULL ENGLISH..ha, FULL Salmonella on a plate more like. I couldn't eat more than one bite of a sad sausage, sloppy beans, a rancid egg and bacon that screamed salmonella and almost made me turn kosha - I'm still worried about this bite and wonder if I should bring it up, or get a tetanus injection. My mouth has a residue feeling as if I'd just licked a wet dog!
This hotel is atrocious, disgusting, mind bogging in its lowly pit of degradation and Dickensian in its squalor. Only a tramp, art student or both could sleep here. Oh, i almost forgot, the staff barely speak English. It was cold last night so I went to the reception and asked for an extra duvet or blanket to supplement my pathetic duvet that resembled a large handkerchief...after 10 minutes of gesticulating description's of duvet's and blankets, the confused receptionist did a 'Manuel from Fawlty Towers' type eureka expression "Ahhh", and brought me out a hand towel!! My head slunk to my chest and I rued the day I used 'laterooms.com' and parted with what I thought was a bargain £35.
Travelodge I forgive you...£50 will never seem expensive again.
WARNING: KEEP AWAY FROM THIS HAZARDOUS DUMP OF HOTEL!!!!
IT SHOULD BE CONDEMNED !!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tony B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here, unless of course you want a hotel with staff that barely speak or understand English, damp dirty rooms, cheap old mattresses, cold rooms with no heating. If you're ok with that then you're probably a drunk student or tramp. Then this is the place for you.
I'm here now wishing I'd read these reviews first. I used 'late rooms'. Never again. That's one app I'm deleting. They didn't know I'd booked, and really they should've been my cue to find somewhere else, but I didn't have time. I'm dreading sleeping here and will probably sleep fully clothed for warmth and to avoid as much contact with sheets as possible. I paid £35, and the staff (manager I think as the girl receptionist had such awful English she had to get someone else to translate) said. " we have a room for you but didn't know you we're coming, by the way the room reflects the price ..better check it before you pay" great intro. I should've left there and then
THIS PLACE SHOULD BE COMDEMNED. IT IS A DISGRACE. Staff ....message to you: "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! At least leant fk&&@ English !l"

• Stayed May 2013