“Good grief”

Ranked #47 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Eastbourne
“Good grief”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I work all over the country and from time to time have the misfortune to come across places like this one, only one has ever been worse. No hot water, scruffy, dated place that really is below a standard that a business in this trade should provide. There was 3 of us and we ended up just laughing at how bad it was as it was the only way to get threw it-I actually fell through my bed in the middle of the night as the bed was well beyond its best days!

My advice is yes this hotel if your standard and self respect is very low.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

There is no lift in this hotel, you have to climb quite a lot of stairs.
The hotel is cheap, and you get what you pay for. The room and bathroom were dirty and the heating could not be turned off. The room door could not be secured from inside. However, if you are on a budget it delivers value for money. Free car park and wifi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Candy P
Dwygyfylchi, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Needs new carpet throughout and a coat or two of paint. And a good clean.
Small room with double bed in. The bed was clean but the headboard was broken, and to be fair I slept well there.
Did have a bath towel but no hand towel for the shower room
Will not be returning there and could not in all honesty recommend it to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I would never stay here again under any circumstances I would rather sleep under a bush to be honest. You want your hotel room to be a home away from home, but if anyone’s home was in this bad a state then I would class them as living in extreme poverty. The wall paper was hanging off the walls in places. There were stains all over the carpet. The shower curtain was covered in mud stains and needed replacing and because of the state of the place I could not bring myself to actually get into the bed so I slept on top of the covers fully clothed. There was barely any hot water even at its hottest it was only ever just warm. I was provided with only one towel which was only a hand towel, not a bath towel. And when I went to reception and requested another the receptionist looked at me like this was such an effort and such an uncommon request a you can imagine it would be for a hotel receptionist. So to sum up cleanliness 0 and customer service 0. All together a horrible ghastly experience I would never wish to repeat.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank paddypadpad
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Visited this hotel, lured in by the competitive price, with no additional parking (which is rare for a Nottingham city centre hotel. Totally let down and felt ripped off.

Entered the room after paying up front, smallest double we'd ever seen. Sat on the bed which was uneven, my partner looked under the bed to figure out why this was and the bed was broken. Slats fallen out the bed, some snapped. Not what I expect from a hotel. Also found under the bed a dirty plate, a bottle cap and an empty, small, clear bag (one can only assume had illegal substances in used by the last guest)

My partner went downstairs outraged. We got moved to the next room along. The woman did apologise repeatedly and carried the tv next door which was highly unprofessional to squeeze and bump into us with it.

The BETTER room 'apparently' was an absolute joke. Looked like something out of insidious. Door number on a scrap of paper selotaped onto the door. The key tag was the same, a selotaped tacky piece of paper on a green tag. The curtains were a foot shorter than the windows. Damp stains on the walls. Grotty radiator, loud, dodgey bathroom fan, stained seat (black and disturbingly white stains), odd coat hangers on the back of the door, plugs that didn't work, were filthy and grotty. The bed was clean but this hotel was a joke.

It's a good thing we were out all night and came back only to sleep. Bar was nice, location was spot on, £4 taxi fare to city centre and capital fm arena. But I would rather pay the extra £10 for a better hotel and the extra £14 parking than stay there. I'd even rather sleep in a hostel. Avoid this place or expect to be disappointed. £55 is a lot of money to pay to get that quality of room.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank markyboi27
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with friends. We shared a room.
The room must have been recently painted because throughout our stay there was this intense chemical smell in the room that was very unpleasant.

The windows are not double glazed, so much so that the noise coming from outside made it look like the windows were open.

There was a lot of dust in the room, including inside the wardrobe and over the hangers, and also on the towel rain in the bathroom, which caused towels and clothes we put there to get dirty.

The shower was awful. No pressure and cold.

One of the beds was simply terrible. It had the mattress wires all sticking out. I woke up with bruises in my legs and tights from sleeping there one night (we took turns to sleep on that bed).

At breakfast there was no cheese offered, which for a vegetarian, makes options a bit scarce. Mind you that breakfast costs an extra £6 per day.
They would quickly ran out of clean cups and on the second day, they provided plastic cups for the juice.
The toasters worked terribly and only 1/2 the toast slots were actually working.

One morning, a member of staff approach me when I was waiting for my toast to get ready, told me that it was there for too long and therefore should be burning (there was no burning smell), and then, without asking or anything, switched off the toaster and took my toast with HIS HANDS!!!
Only to realise that the bread wasn't toasted after all, so he them apologised and put the bread back in!

The TV in the bedroom had a broken screen. Not a little chip in a corner, like a top to bottom portion of the screen that couldn't be seen!

And finally, on the last day, member of staff knocked at the door to say there had been a mistake. They had charged £3.30 instead of £330. That was indeed the case, so when I went to pay, they wanted to charge me £327 as opposed to £326.7.

The good bits: bed linen was clean and bathroom too, apart from the towel rail. The carpet also looked like it had been recently hoovered.

So, unless you're very desperate, I would avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

After seeing the photos on the booking website, we expected a small but clean room, fair enough that's what we got. However, we didn't get any towels, there were duct taped up cables hanging from the walls and someone had left an old can of strongbow behind the one (tiny) mirror. I am not normally a complainer but wow, for £60 a night, you would expect some basic amenities :( the only plus side was that we stayed in a triple and the single bed was like floating on a cloud! ...double was like a rock... I wouldn't stay here again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends