“AVOID this place”

Ranked #47 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“AVOID this place”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I do not normally complain about accommodation but people need to be warned about this hole. Upon arrival we were greeted by a receptionist that barely spoke English and a drug addled hooker that insisted on sniffing people as they walked past. We should have walked back out at this point. Our room consisted of 3 badly stained beds crammed into the dirtiest room I have ever seen in a hotel. The bedside and dressing tables were both badly damaged and should have been skipped a long time ago. Only one bedside lamp worked as the other was smashed. The tray holding the cups and saucers was encrusted in filth and the carpet was badly stained and visibly dirty. To top it off, the view from our window (that didn't open properly) consisted of several weeks worth of rubbish. This hotel needs a visit from a health inspector and I would strongly recommend that any previous guests of this place get a tetanus jab.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Taff W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I will keep this short. If you are a scratty inbred thug that likes fighting, dirt, pigeons shitting on your belongings, being surrounded by human fluid, dirty towels and cups, turds in your toilet on arrival that fight with all their might to reappear after every flush and succeed, shouting, strangers trying to get in to your room at 4am and being nowhere near the centre of town, then this is the perfect place for you. If you are a sane human however, head this warning. STAY THE F AWAY.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Woo-el

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is the single most disgusting hotel I have ever had the displeasure of stopping in, including student accommodation and hostels around the world. The hotel is not fit for anyone, especially humans. The rooms stink of mould and something else I can't even describe. The floors and walls are stained with god knows what. I had read bad reviews but truly thought people were exaggerating, but I now believe they played it down, I have never written a review before but feel I have to warn others!!! A can of coke was sticking out of our bedroom ceiling, our friends room had wet towels on the floor and used coffee cups and on arrival my mom was greeted by no less than an actual pigeon (which flew away leaving days of pigeon poo behind him). The room was hotter than the sun and at 4am we were awoken by fights, shouting and general noise, I can only assume that stopping in such a disgusting hotel turns people into equally disgusting humans.

Never ever stay in this hotel, I promise you that whilst trying to sleep you will wish you'd paid an extra £20 each for real hotel. As a previous review stated, sleeping in a bin would be preferable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Marstonsinnsciara
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Take any good review here with a massive pinch of salt. The place should be condemned. I thought I'd read some of the good reviews as I couldn't believe any could exist. One thing struck me - the good reviews are from the VERY PEOPLE YOU'D WANT TO AVOID, LIKE THIS PLACE! loud, drunk, stag or hen nights, who would sleep in a skip and be ok with it as long as they could get booze and food all night. Unless you are this kind of rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate, big brother type fan, with an IQ the size of a walnut or Jeremy Kyle show guest.....you should pay a little more and stay away ;-/

Room Tip: If you don't need to sleep, and enjoy drinking heavily, any room will do. It's doubtful your...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tony B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stay in hotels all over the country for work this Is the worst I've seen for years I walked out after seeing the state of the room, shoe marks on the walls blaring music from nearby room at 5pm, dirty floors peeling carpets, last place you want to stay after a hard days work avoid It like the plague.

• Stayed June 2014
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

To be fair this place is a dive, however it does exactly what it says on the tin. 24 hour bar and very few 'rules' so to speak so perfect for stag dos and groups of lads. Awful rooms and decor and the hotel is very loud as it's right next to a busy street. Didn't really matter as spent a grand total of 3 hours in this hotel. Area is as rough as old boots but a £5 taxi gets you to the centre. Free car park and free wifi.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sidda1
Eastbourne
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I work all over the country and from time to time have the misfortune to come across places like this one, only one has ever been worse. No hot water, scruffy, dated place that really is below a standard that a business in this trade should provide. There was 3 of us and we ended up just laughing at how bad it was as it was the only way to get threw it-I actually fell through my bed in the middle of the night as the bed was well beyond its best days!

My advice is yes this hotel if your standard and self respect is very low.

• Stayed June 2014