“I will come back”

Igloo Backpackers Hostel
“I will come back”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

All is new and very well organised. My room was very big and the possibility to use a shared kitchen very useful. Easy to reach, people very friendly, attention to ecological themes. The mattress was excellent: memory foam (better than in my home!)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed with a friend overnight at this charming hostel staff were friendly and very helpful.

Rooms were modern clean and comfortable and a stones throw away from Central Nottingham.

Have booked for a return stay in September bring regular visitors to the city.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hostel was all-around decent and comfortable. The staff were really kind and really helpful (although we were advised to skip Sherwood Forest, as it's just "a walk in the woods", and it ended up being my favorite part of Nottingham. To each his own, I suppose.) They put up with all sorts of questions from me and my friend M, who had never been to Nottingham before.

I wasn't particularly keen on the location -- it isn't the prettiest place, and our taxi driver seemed confused about where it was. But at least the hostel is right around the corner from the bus station, which we used to get to Edwinstowe later in the day.

The hostel has a small common room which was always full, usually with various guests watching films on the TV. They have two computers which guests are welcome to use, although the WiFi was painfully slow. Everyone was friendly and although we only stayed one night, I'd assume that it's a great hostel to stay at if you're looking to make friends.

The room and beds were pretty standard for a hostel -- not the Ritz and not a sewer. I generally like slightly bigger rooms in a hostel than the one we stayed in, but it was fine. There was only one other guest staying in our room, a French girl who was fairly drunk, but quiet enough.

I'd stay again. It was clean and friendly, and that's about as much as I ask from a hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I had only ever stayed in hostels when I was a guide. So wasnt expecting anything special or clean or well nice at all. This was booked just for a bed tonrest innwhile we were down at the hockey playoffs.

I LOVED it!! The french gentleman was lovely! Very funny. (Remember you'll need to have photo ID for them to photocopy when your there and a £20 deposit for the keys that you get back) then we were taken across the street from the main building. Major "oh no" thoughts buzzing through my head but I was so wrong!
We had what felt like our own flat for the night. They kindly put the 4 of us (2 and 2) across from each other.we had our own keys to the rooms and keys to the front door of the building.
So we experienced both the front and back of the building. No issues at all with noise. Its just far enough away from all the craziness of the pubs for it to be quiet on a saturday night.

We were in the 1st floor rooms i think they were the campervan amd tent or tipi rooms. The rooms themselves are mental! Epic paintings on the walls! Infact these paintingals are all over the Annex rooms. I never used the kitchen but the other two said it was fine with bits and pieces to use.

There was a tv and free wif. Yaldi!!

Plenty sockets, a desk and in the campervan room, a double bed and day bed with pullout underneath.

The beds are all memory foam mattresses. Comfy!!!

There is parking outside but its pay and display although a sunday is only £1 woop woop!! And there is other parking multistories around and nearby.

I was so impressed by this place. I will be back again next year!!

Beats a hotel hands down!!!

Thankyou for a lovely and painless stay!

• Stayed April 2014
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As the husband of Jacqs44 and previous user of Backpackers Hostels in Scotland I would like to just say what a wonderful hospitable, clean and hassle free stay myself and 2 friends had in the Igloo Annex last week. I would have no hesitation in staying here again and hope to use it again in the future. I strongly recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I've never stayed in a hostel before, except in Wales in YHA for walking purposes. I've always thought they'd be a bit run down, smelly and noisey, but the Igloo was fantastic. We stayed in one of the newly opened pods and it was clean, bright and had fun decor with free WiFi and really comfortable bed, although our pillows were a bit soft. There were two shower rooms with toilets and were brand new, and kept clean. There were three free parking spaces for hostel users too. Ideally located, 5-10 mins from all the city shops and restaurants. Great Indian on the same road called Noor Jahan too. Great kitchen facilities and tea and coffee was free (bonus - but no milk, Londis over the road). If all hostels are like this I'll defo be trying them again, I've only ever stayed in hotels before but if the others are like igloo, I'm converted!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveDTA
igloohostel, Owner at Igloo Backpackers Hostel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for that lovely review. We are very passionate about what we do, and if we can convert hotel users, then we are doing things right! We will of course constantly continue to make all the improvements we can to make sure everyone has a great stay with us. Please come again and bring some friends for us to attempt to convert too :)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked the hostel to spend a weekend with my fabulous Botswana Buddies (seriously join Girlguiding - it takes you to far off places and you come back with wonderful friends)

We had a room in the annex and the room was spacious for the three of us; the shower rooms were clean (water temp a little temperamental) and nicely decorated.

The staff were attentive and easy to communicate with despite the confusion caused by me arriving late due to trains and a certain landslide near Unstone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you kindly. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again :)