“Perfect every time!”

The Cods Scallops (Mansfield Road)
Ranked #18 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We visit this place at least once a month and have never had a bad experience. The cost of the food is reasonable and good value on the smaller plates. The food always comes out hot and the service is great! I love the old skool postcards dotted around the place, makes me think of skegness! Perfect.. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Perhaps the best fish and chips in the county? Our friends highly recommend the venue so we tried it and yes have to agree choice and quality.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I have been to both of their branches in Nottingham and the quality is great in both and could fault our meal. Pleasant service where all staff were friendly, the fish lovely and fresh and cooked to perfection served with proper chip shop chips, what more do you want. I cleaned my plate ending a little full but did not want to leave anything...will be back!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We’re the fans of The COD’s Scallops since main branch at Bramcote . Maybe World-Cup season there not very busy noon,but we wait over 20mins for our crispy fish ,and it a bit oily ,fryer temperature control problem or new chef cooking . Oysters Fresh & Nice . Last note was Cappuccino / Late Nice extra 50p charge . Anywhere will back to enjoy it .

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Went here the other night for a take away, had to wait a good 25 mins but it was a Friday night but definitely worth it.
The batter on the fish was light and seasoned well, the chips perfect, not greasy or sticking to the paper in the box. I only had a small portion but it was more than enough. I have to admit to having gravy too - I know, I know but I just wanted to try it and it was excellent, well flavoured and not too thick.
It is about 12 mins drive from my house and it all still tasted good when I got home.
Special mention to the big guy with the beard who handed over every meal with a thank you and a few words about enjoying your meal. I counted at least 20 people before me and he did that for everyone. Very busy - but that's because they are good. Plenty of other seafood along with the normal pies, sausage and batter bits!
I am hooked!