“This is a must ”

The Cods Scallops (Mansfield Road)
Ranked #19 of 1,399 Restaurants in Nottingham
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

If you are a fan of fish and chips then this place is a must I've eaten a lot of chips shops but definitely this is one of the best .

Reviewed 1 week ago

Never fails, quality, service, value. A word of warning don't overindulge everything cooked in beef dripping, give your arteries time to recover.

Reviewed 1 week ago

..and he comes from a non-fish-and-chips-culture. He has never had scampi before but loved it. Just for a change I had the skate, which was large and beautifully cooked as is always the case. However the squid starter is squid not calamari, so not to my taste. Despite my checking it, it was not battered squid rings. So I will not have that again. There was the excellent cider to wash it all down with.
Despite the starter, it was all very enjoyable, that we went for dessert. My chum was in raptures about the sticky toffee pudding (with a large helping of ice cream). i had a tub of the excellent rum and raisin ice cream.
So where was Big Nick - another day off? Nevertheless the service was ably led by James. What is brilliant about the service is that they all fit in where a customer needs serving. It is no wonder that the restaurant (no bookings) is always full at lunch time and early evening. The quality is like a magnet and the reputation has obviously and deservedly got round the local community and further. Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my cheat meal, always enjoy the selection of fish. Not too oily/fatty like some fish and chip places. Big enough portions. I've enjoyed the Haddock, Smoked Hake and Sea Bass, eachhave been lovely. My partner always go for the smoked Hake, I keep trying to order the lobster but its never in stock which is a shame. I will keep trying too though

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived a little before 7pm on a Friday evening and didn't need to wait too long for a table. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout but the main event was great - the quality of the seafood!

We had halibut, monkfish and hake with chips and side orders of fresh samphire and a black pudding fritter: all were very well-cooked, which is great considering how busy both the restaurant side and the take away were.

We had tried the Wollaton Cod's Scallops a few years ago and while the food was great, I'd found the seating cramped and the restaurant very stuffy. The Mansfield Road restaurant is much more spacious and airy.