“Engagement Party for 30... Then 34!”

Lime Indian Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 1,288 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$14 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Multi award winning Indian Restaurant situated in Nuthall, Nottingham and crowned East Midlands Indian Restaurant of the Year 2016. Now included in the 2017 Michelin Guide Nottinghams only fully open Indian Kitchen, watch your food being cooked fresh to order. Enjoy traditional favourites as well and unique regional Indian dishes.Free car parking.You are welcome to bring your own wine or beer (no corkage).
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Organised an engagement party for 30 people which Lime were more than happy to accommodate, on the night we had a few more people than planned but the management told us not to worry and they would ensure everyone got a seat.

The service was absolutely fantastic and I asked for advice on what curry would be best and they made one of the best curries I've ever had!

Service was absolutely fantastic and all orders were spot on, I absolutely recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Love it!

Thank you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Just been to lime.
The food was devine.
We took our own wine.
Had a very nice time.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Charlotte C
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went here on the advice of a work colleague so went with a group of friends. Going on a Tuesday meant that it was 2 for 1 on main meals which was good and meant the value for money was good. The service was good and staff were helpful apart from forgetting the water which we had to ask for twice. For those of that had starters they were nice and well presented. My chicken tikka tasted standard as one would expect but my friend said the onion bhaji was a bit too oily and could be spiced better. Main courses were nice and portion size was good. Naan was hot and soft and rice was hot and fragrant. We spent ages talking and were not made to rush which was nice. I would have liked a few more king prawns in my dish as the amount I had was slightly less than what I would get elsewhere. The restaurant was nicely decorated and was tidy. I would go back so that I could try something else.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

we were told we had to make bookings as they were always full, when we arrived we were the only ones there and when i asked about another booking they looked at their diary as said i could book anytime (this was before we had dinner) we had to go next door to get a drink which was bizarre, overhall, the food wasn't very good at all

1  Thank Debbie E
Shahid R, Manager at Lime Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Debbie E.

Thanks for your review. I am not sure from your review what about the food you didn't like as you didn't provide any details about the food at all?. It appears that you didn't not like the concept of bring your own wine and that this may have clouded your overall judgement. We make no apology for not being licenced as we feel that it works tremendously well for our business and for 99% of customers.

I do hope that you you will give us the opportunity again in future and knowing we are not licenced. We are always happy to ensure our diners are happy and enjoy their food with us. If you had mentioned that your dish wasn't to your taste we would have gladly offered you an alternative.

If you do have any specific feedback on the food I would be happy for you to email me with details.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great service, pity they do not have a license to sell alcohol but there is a Spar next door and the Lime will supply glasses for your drinks.
The food was quite good and tasty and portions ample with plenty of meat but the garlic naan stretched forever and was an absolute delight, must go back, its in the notebook!!!!

Shahid R, Manager at Lime Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thanks or your lovely comments and feedback. if you haven't tried our Peshwari or Keema naans then definitely worth a try too! Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks