“Neil.”

Lime Indian Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 1,472 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Multi award winning Indian Restaurant situated in Nuthall, Nottingham and crowned East Midlands Indian Restaurant of the Year 2016. Now included in the 2017 Michelin Guide Nottinghams only fully open Indian Kitchen, watch your food being cooked fresh to order. Enjoy traditional favourites as well and unique regional Indian dishes. Free car parking. You are welcome to bring your own wine or beer in bottles only (no corkage).
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Having visited the area many times and loving the type of food. It was very tempting to try this recommended restaurant. I was not disappointed. Great service and sound recommendations on choices from the owner. Best lamb chops north of the East End or possibly better. I will be back.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

2nd visit and decided to play it safe this time.
Ordered Prawn Puree for starter which ok but the base was far too large and was more like the size of a naan bread!
Main course was lamb vindaloo with plain boiled rice with a keema naan.
Vindaloo was average but quite hot enough. The lamb was chewy and not tender. Rice was ok. The keema naan was stodgy and not the best that I've had.
We go out for a curry twice a week and try many different restaurants and visit the best ones on a regular basis. Sadly this is one of few that we do not come back to. We only come once a year as it's a mates birthday and that's enough for us!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Kind people of Lime squeezed me in on a very busy evening. Delicious food and outstanding service. Such subtle spicing on both the dish and the rice

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time to celebrate our anniversary, food was excellent and service was amazing! Would definitely recommend this restaurant can’t wait to go back!!

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Having read so many good reviews of this restaurant I was expecting so much more in terms of taste, value for money, service and atmosphere.

We went on a Saturday. We had travelled across Nottingham to get to the restaurant (I know, hardly an epic journey but a £20+ taxi ride). It was very busy, very loud and the service slow. The food was enjoyable but the overall experience was disappointing.

My impression is that they are the victim of their own success and that Saturday is not a good day to visit. I would like to give it another go during the week to see how it compares but would score our experience on Saturday as follows - food 3 out of 10 (in my view 2 = ok; 3 = good; 4 = very good, I’m very impressed & 5 = excellent/the best, I’m blown away); service 2/10; value 2.5/10 and overall experience 2/10