“Chic Dinning”

Price range: US$109 - US$161
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with eight bedrooms. Lunch on Chef's, Kitchen table or Nucleus. Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon. Dinner Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm. Friday and Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.45 Pm. Booking Essential.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Chic Dinning”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent Service, very welcoming and professional. i enjoyed my fine dinning at Sat Bains and the experience at the Restaurant was wonderful. I would definitely go there again and this time i will make sure i don't drink so much to enjoy the food more.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tarlika C

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Deleted my bad review - so here I go again”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Pretentious chef with an ego. If you like dining under electricity pylons and eating the nettle soup 'harvested locally' then this is right up your street (or dirt track in this case). Don't take my word for it. Check it out on google maps. I would never go back and wish that I'd spent the money elsewhere. Service was good but the Chef's presence was not always required or welcome. Redefines narcissism.

72 Thank John L
Bristol
“Obliterated our high expectations!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a surprise for my wife to celebrate our first anniversary I booked a table for the ten course tasting menu with wine flight and an overnight stay with breakfast the next morning. We arrived and were pleasantly surprised - you would never think that the building is basically next to a flyover and an industrial estate! It is like a remote country house! We were greeted by extremely welcoming staff and offered delicious complimentary chocolate brownies whilst checking in. We were then shown to our beautiful room which was immaculately clean and featured a selection of chocolates and cookies to accompany the tea and coffee facilities, for which we also received a small bottle of fresh milk - a very sweet touch. After relaxing in the comfortable abode for a few hours we made our way over for dinner. We enjoyed a glass of champagne in the bar where we were informed that my wife's menu had been slightly altered to accommodate her shellfish allergy. Upon hearing that she is not overly keen on red wines, the sommelier chose appropriate substitutions - nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them! We were offered the additional chance to try Sat Bains' 'Ham Egg and Peas' dish that scored him a perfect 10 on 'The Great British Menu' - how could we refuse?! The dining room itself is beautiful, the rain outside doing nothing to dampen its effect. The cutlery is set in small racks on the tables, eliminating the need for staff to constantly relay after every course. The service itself was impeccable, performed with enthusiam and smiles. The food itself was over and above anything we could have ever hoped for, wonderfully presented and delivering on flavour. The wines were a perfect match for the food, not just equaling the flavours but often enhancing the dishes themselves. At the end of what had become a 13 course meal we were left feeling satisfied yet remarkably refreshed, at which point the maître d asked if we would like our copy of the menu signed as a keepsake as she knew it was our anniversary. We excitedly accepted and were subsequently invited into the kitchen to meet the team including Mr Bains himself who gladly signed the menu for us and wished us a happy anniversary. Tea and coffee in the bar was flanked by a selection of tempered chocolates before we retired to our room for the night. We both chose the Full English for breakfast the next day which the maître d described as the 'circle of deliciousness' - no truer words have ever been spoken! After such a wonderful time, neither of us wanted to leave but we were sent on our way with a small flapjack each for the journey! Cannot recommend Restaurant Sat Bains enough. In our room was a list of all the members of staff from the Head chefs and maitre d right down to the kitchen porters themselves , a classy touch showing how highly Sat and Amanda seem to value their team and so they should - they all worked so hard to make our anniversary so special. Thank you to every single one of you!

3 Thank Anthony A
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Can't believe that people complain about Sat Bains. Top drawer”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Having eaten and stayed at Restaurant Sat Bains last night Saturday 2nd August. I find it hard to believe that people can moan about it.

Few pointers if you don't have the ability to 1) read, 2) do research on the type of food you may be eating, 3) taste, 4 )enjoy yourself 5) dislike journeys that involve going through cities or even using roads. Then this is not the restaurant for you (or any other restaurant for that matter) Take your Maccy D's and sit in a bus shelter or if you want to push the boat out get a takeaway delivered and eat from the comfort of your own house.

Restaurants of this calibre are generally not the cheap option for dining out. BUT, this does not mean poor value for money! All costs are on their website, so there should not be any moaning that it costs X amount. READ! Was worth every penny!

When I go to a restaurant . I tend to have a look at their website, reviews or generally have a basic knowledge of the food and accommodation , that they offer.

Last nights meal was unbelievable, there were no hidden costs (Take note again, I read the information on the website.) It's a good point. no nasty surprise's.

I like to go to a restaurant offering tasting menus and 'Fly Blind'. By which I mean don't read the menu. I'm going there to have a fine dining experience, a good night! I want surprise, because you ain't going to get that quality or variety food in at any old restaurant.. My wife on the other hand always has a look at the menu. (The surprise of turning up at Sat Bains was surprise enough for her. Thought she was going the pictures). We got surprise in abundance!

Wine pairing fantastic. I even got an extra course because I don't like salmon. I never mentioned this as 'Flying Blind' can sometimes lead to not liking something. You role the dice! Plus not liking salmon is not a dietary requirement. The jus mariniere that was with the salmon was to die for, amazing. I was happy leaving the salmon, but they quickly brought me another course , with an extra wine pairing. That is top drawer service.

The staff could not have been more engaging, humorous ,knowledgeable or attentive. Every single one of them.

They certainly made our stay special.

We stayed in a superior room that had a lovely little private patio area. (That was a surprise, a nice one).

Breakfast this morning was better than my usual Sunday morning fare (I had chorizo eggs, yum yum), So we left happy and full.

Not one complaint!!!

Thanks for a top night!

We will definitely be going back for some more.

2 Thank obchief1
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Amazing anniversary / birthday meal!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a fantastic 1st anniversary / 40th birthday joint celebration at Sat Bains. Brilliant friendly service and incredible food. Highlights included the salmon mariniere, the sox cheek and mushrooms, the goosnargh duck breast and melon and the NG7 dish as an amuse bouche. Great wine pairings too! Would recommend highly for a special treat!

4 Thank MurraL2013