“Absolutely Incredible!!”

Price range: US$122 - US$167
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving Creative, Modern British cuisine in a 7 and 10 course tasting menu format. 7 luxury bedrooms. Lunch on Chef's Table , Kitchen table and Nucleus. Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon. Dinner Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Friday and Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Booking Essential.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner brought me he to stay in one of the rooms and eat off the 10 course tasting menu. Words simply don’t do this place justice! From when we first arrived we were made to feel welcome and our room was lovely, with all the amenities you could possible want. I won’t go in to detail about every course we had to eat because all I can say is they were all incredible and the menu is extremely well thought out. An absolute treat!! We paired our food with wine and our sommelier was so passionate and knowledgable about all the wine, it was lovely to see. All the staff here are an absolute credit to restaurant!! One last touch me and my partner were really impressed by was that in our room there was a list of very member of staff that worked there in order to make your experience unforgettable, from head chef to cleaners and kitchen porters. Everyone here deserves credit for what they do and I simply can’t recommend this place highly enough!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If I was to tell you what was less good about all the other restaurants’ tasting menus I have had over the years, you will see why Sat Bains is so superior.
1. The individual courses are all very nice but they don’t stand on their own as an inventive dish. A nice piece of cod and a slice of chorizo is fine but I could do that. Sat invents dishes that sound bizarre on paper but are amazing to taste. Yes, smoked eel and chicken velouté does work! Yes, chicken parfait and frozen granola does work!
2. The courses come one after another. Fairly obvious, but the thing is that they don’t link to each other or complement each other. At Sat’s, each course reminds you a bit of the last one and leaves you anticipating the next. The crossover course, taking you from savoury to sweet is brilliant. This time we had a sundried tomato jammy dodger (yes, it does work!). Last time is was miso fudge.
3. Wine waiters like to show off and nudge you to the expensive end. At Sat’s, the sommelier is a genius. I simply described the flavour of wine we wanted and he found one for us, a delicious Washington State syrah. Next time I will have the accompanying wine-tasting menu too (although when I did that at Hambleton Hall I lost memory of the last two desserts, I think one was fois gras ice-cream but that’s only because I kept the menu).
So please keep it up Sat and team, you are the best by far!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Long lunch with a friend that ended up being a good laugh, we learned a lot from the chefs and sommelier.

Main course served by Sat himself and the general buzz and order going on was most impressively

The seats are high up and the fine wines were indeed finely paired, with great enthusiasm.

As you’d expect a 5* experience, I will be back as it was a great experience!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked kitchen bench for a family Friday evening meal.Wow oh wow,what a fabulous menu and great to see and chat to chefs and the boss Sat Bains.A place you must go .

2  Thank Terence L
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Last night I took my wife to RSB to eat (and stay) to celebrate her birthday.

From the start of the booking process to check out this morning the experience was friendly and efficient.

As for the dinner... what can one say about a chef at the top of his game? The food was sublime and the wine pairing enhanced the food taking us into areas previously unknown.

Thank you so much and we hope to return next year.

1  Thank Paul B