“Never to be forgotten Amazing experience ”

Restaurant Sat Bains
Ranked #3 of 1,471 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$122 - US$167
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving Creative, Modern British cuisine in a 7 and 10 course tasting menu format. 7 luxury bedrooms. Lunch on Chef's Table , Kitchen table and Nucleus. Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon. Dinner Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Friday and Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm. Booking Essential.
Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for 9 for a double birthday celebration on Saturday for our joint families. I wanted something that we would remember for ever, and OH BOY did Sat Bains and his team deliver. We had the 10 course taster menu and we were still debating next day which was everyones favourite dish. The food tantalizer’s your taste buds, scrambles your senses and leaves you wanting more and not wanting to go home. The staff were impeccable and service superb. To make our celebration that bit extra Sat permitted us to have a photo taken of him and his team in one of the kitchens. We will all remember this for ever, thank you Sat

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 27 November 2018

Having seen on the website that there was availability for a room and meal we booked over the 'phone. This process was friendly and efficient but I prefer using the internet.

The welcome at reception was first rate. The superior room was large and well appointed with a four-poster bed. In our opinion the lighting in the room was poor and we were unable to read. The TV relies upon Freeview, which is pretty dreadful. Get a dish Sat!

I am not a food reviewer but the ten-course tasting menu was one of the best ever; flavours were stunning and presentation excellent. Service at all times was faultless.

Breakfast was good, if not memorable.

The semi-rural location allows for a pleasant stroll by the river Trent.

Overall this was an extravagant overnight stay but not overpriced.

2  Thank KevinTurvey
Reviewed 22 November 2018

We visited RSB a few weeks ago as a group of friends and enjoyed an evening beyond compare at the chef's table. Service was excellent, and the chef's table outbuilding was small and intimate, perfect for our needs.

Our chef explained every dish thoroughly and clearly relished expressing his passion for food to us through his cooking.

Every single dish was beyond compare, a symphony of contrasting and complementing flavours bound together with flair.

I could not fault this meal one star out of a thousand, every piece of the evening was incomparable.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank oliverp317
Reviewed 20 November 2018

We booked Nucleus as a surprise for a friends birthday and it’s been a couple of years since we ate in the development kitchen. It was nice to see the bench had been swapped for a round table which was more sociable. Our private chef was excellent and I should have written his name down. . I’m sorry I didn’t because he deserved a personal mention. The food as always was exceptional, having never eaten eel before it’s not something I would have chosen but was one of my favourite dishes from the tasting menu. The wine paring was a definite winner and again included wines I hadn’t tasted before. The candy floss surprise was delicious I wish I could make it at home. Having learnt that some of the sauces and dishes take days to make it justifies the price.

Reviewed 18 November 2018 via mobile

The four of us tried the seven course taster menu (although two of us added two extra courses) and all agreed that both the food and the service were superb. Staff were always attentive without be intrusive, informative but also relaxed and friendly. All of the food was very good but some flavours were sublime. The flavour combinations and presentation of the food were sometimes so original they challenged preconceptions: who would have thought smoked eel could taste so good, or that tobacco would add such an electric tang to chocolate?

Worth going at least once in your life...

2  Thank H5622SUjeremys