“Nice enough but no wow factor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of CREME - CLOSED

CREME
Price range: US$19 - US$37
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nottingham, UK
“Nice enough but no wow factor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've wanted to try Creme for a long time and have heard good things, word of mouth, about its reputation. We visited for my daughter's birthday. The surroundings are contemporary and very pleasant and there's a lounge where you can have a drink while perusing the menu. Once at our table, the starters came out fairly swifty. The brie in filo was soft and creamy and the apricot compote worked really well. It was quite a sizable portion and I think half the amount would have been sufficient for me (and I have quite a good appetite!). The additional pomegrante and walnut seemed a strange add-on though and did nothing for the dish.
For main course I had monkfish, which was beautifully cooked, with pink grapefruit and a citrus dressing. It was unusual and like everything during the evening was pleasant - but nothing blew me away, making me desperate to return.
We were full but contemplating sharing a dessert but were left so long by the staff after the main course that we talked ourselves out of it and left. No complaints but nothing to rave about either.

Visited August 2014

“Birthday tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Delicious food!
Thoroughly enjoyed filling and fresh prawn Salad then a very tasty mushroom fricassee. Service was excellent, attentive & quick and surroundings pleasant and clean. Was lovely to sit on the sofas afterwards finishing our wine without feeling rushed! Will return with the family :-)

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is probably my favourite restaurant in Nottingham, excellent food and service and at a price you wouldn't believe.

Visited July 2014
Lonebray, Owner at CREME, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Always a pleasure to serve customers such as yourselves.
Many thanks for your very kind review.
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Terrible customer service, Avoid!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Food was excellent the only reason I am giving two stars, front of house service was absolutely atrocious! Service was very slow waiting 20 minutes before a drinks order was taken. Then another 10 minutes before the drinks was served and meal order taken. Was asked if we wanted water for the table we said yes but this never materialises until we had to ask again around 40 minutes later.
We was what felt like shoved in a corner and forgot about most of the evening. Where we was sat needs a damn good clean having cobwebs above my head and a massive spider is not my idea of great dining experience. When the manager came over to clear away our puddings we asked if they had feedback forms or anything and she replied with we have facebook, dining experience and our own website. She did not bother asking if it was a problem or praise, hence why I am writing this review on here! She then didn't bother fetching the bill and sent another lady over, we then proceeded to tell her about the service we had received firstly with the cobwebs and spider to the reply of 'its good to know' no apology! When we continued with our concerns we got a half hearted 'oh sorry about that we've got two new starters'. This was not a valid excuse, the best customer service of the night was from the two new starters , (young boys) , everyone else did not seem to care, maybe they should be the ones getting re-trained in customer service!
Overall I wouldn't go back in a hurry, food was excellent, but until there front of house is sorted out its not worth the money!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Miss-Emma-Louise26
Lonebray, Owner at CREME, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review and may I sincerely apologise that you did not enjoy your visit. I do remember this incident as it was a couple of months ago (before the review posting date) as your partner was an ex member of staff.
I have spoken to the team involved that evening and may I assure you that the offending spider was removed instantly after your departure.
Nottingham
“Not all that..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Visited several times over the year. Pleasant enough surroundings but, Food is really nothing special, acceptable but lacking The Wow factor..
Expensive for Stapleford, not really justifiable.
What is the deal with the birthday cake thing? Saw several narked diners..

4 Thank ExaminerladyT