The Beauty Lounge at Durban House

from US$19.60
More Info
from US$6.50
More Info
All reviews water beds steam chamber afternoon tea colour therapy infrared sauna visited durban boutique spa dh lawrence beauty salon spa days minute treatment lovely staff outside area cake facial waterbed hairdresser
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you need a massage, facial, hair, nails or other beauty treatment this is the place to visit. All the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I have had a number of their treatments and every one has been relaxing and makes me feel wonderful.

Michelle D, Owner at The Beauty Lounge at Durban House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Omg,where to start?arrived in car park,parked up looking at the side of a lovely old building,but the place was strewn with rubbish,old barbecue,weeds ,upturned plant pot,s Etc.staff at reception were friendly & welcoming,we were shown round very briefly,the robes & towels we paid £5 each for were very tatty,no slippers supplied so had to walk everywhere with wet feet on slippery floors,even outside to hot tub in rain,very dirty floor,there is no toilets on the lower floor nr,changing rooms which are very basic with no privacy,also there is only 1 shower cubicle for both sexes to use which is absolutely appalling,it is a very small cubicle that would be nearly impossible to get in or out if you were more than 14st. Afternoon tea was very basic,very small corner sandwiches,& tinned squirts cream on scones,great concept but needs investment & staff supervision!

2  Thank Dosgatosnegro
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday on a Woucher deal of 4 hours spa and afternoon tea, a treat for myself and my daughter. staff very friendly and welcoming but unfortunately we were very disappointed with the facilities. There are a number of chill out areas but they are lacking comfortable, relaxation loungers. They do have a couple of heated water beds but didn't feel that the bedding was very hygienic. Didn't use the spa shower or the hot tub as both were dirty. The afternoon tea was okay but very basic, I asked for an earl grey tea but was told I would have to pay extra! We had to pay £5 each for a tatty robe and towel. This place has plenty of potential but needs TLC and upgraded facilities to meet SPA standards. We had hoped to leave feeling chilled and relaxed but unfortunately this was not our experience.

1  Thank sue j
Reviewed 5 October 2018

My daughter and I visited Durban House today, both of us having facials (my daughter for the first time) and my daughter, an eyebrow wax too.

An excellent and friendly service with professional treatment from start to finish, we thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon treat. It was a truly relaxing experience provided by very skilled therapists and we are both really pleased with the results on our skin and to also receive a collection of samples to bring home.

Looking forward to doing this again some time soon. Many thanks to you all and keep up the good work x

Michelle D, Owner at The Beauty Lounge at Durban House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for a lovely review & we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Nice warm friendly reception. Durban house is set just outside of Nottingham its a beauty salon offering spa. There's an outside hot tub it wasn't busy when we went so we enjoyed the peace of it all. There are various rooms for chilling. There are waterbeds for relaxation. We didn't book any treatments. The rooms probably need to be darker the music playing is very relaxing. Unfortunately some people do not understand the terminology of relaxations as whilst trying to enjoying just some me time there was woman constantly chatting in the other rooms as there are no doors you can hear everything. I think this place could do with TLC its such a beautiful place but someone just need to give it a bit of a lift. Afternoon tea was included and it is plenty nothing fancy none the less enjoyable although they may want to invest in some real cream sorry squirty cream on scones its just not done. The cakes and scones are not homemade but still nice. Young staff but all very friendly. Hope that if you try it your expectations are not high this is a nice place for some me time no frills.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I was so concerned about coming for this spa day after reading some of the reviews, and don’t get me wrong, it isn’t a 5* spa with 100 facilities, but it was a nice afternoon. We paid £24 for two people to have spa access for 4 hours and afternoon tea for us both. Afternoon tea was absolutely gorgeous, will definitely be returning. The spa itself could do with a little bit of work but for the price we paid we honestly could not fault it. Outdoor hot tub is beautiful, the water beds are amazing (I fell asleep!) and the infrared saunas are amazing. However the normal sauna did get turned off before we had a chance to go in. Staff were lovely, attentive & very well educated, they knew what they were talking about. Would 100% return, ignore the bad reviews!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We visited as a middle aged couple. The exterior looks fine with plenty of parking, but inside the facilities were poor. Basement changing rooms with a single shower for both sexes. Nowhere to sit down in the men's changing room. Domestic scale sauna's which were literally falling apart. Can't comment on the "steam rooms", actually cabinets, because neither were working on the day of our visit. Afternoon tea was okay, but the cream for our scones was squirty from a can!!!!

Overall, cheap, but not very cheerful.

1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

This we certainly did!
A lovely little spa day! The staff on arrival were so lovely and welcoming!and this continued throughout the day. The building is beautiful, love how they have kept the tradition of the building but added glitz, sparkle and relaxation throughout. The massage was 'Amazing' one of us had never had a massage and said how fab it was, and how comfortable the girls made her feel.
From reading the some of the other comments I don't think They do this place justice!! I didn't want to leave....
Will definitely be returning, we've already organised a date!!

Thanks Michelle and girls for a lovely day!!

Michelle D, Owner at The Beauty Lounge at Durban House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thank you for a lovely review, it was a pleasure to have you in the spa & hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Signage to the entrance not great, we drove past the entrance.

Greeting ok, mainly pleasant young girls work there, but this showed as they showed us around, not very informative just described what they were pointing at... this is a sauna... wasn’t shown how to work it and turn on etc.

Robes in lockers we tatie, small and my friends was wet.

Nearly all the saunas and steam rooms didn’t work and were falling apart. One that worked we had to fetch our own barrel of water to pour over the coals after turning it on. This water I had to source from an indoor shower which people could use before they entered the outdoor hot tub, but this was down flights of stairs and a fair walk away from the hot tub? Anyway, this shower was behind a door which was very ill-fitted and the floor was flooded with water from previous use, it was disgusting.

The hot tub wasn’t being cleaned regularly by the staff of leaves and blossom which fell into it as it was an outdoor hot tub, therefore it looked dirty.

All sauners etc were turned off when should be working all the time ready for clients at their busiest times.

One of the stream room showers which worked (after switching it on and letting it warm up) the wires around the shower pipes were unravelling, burnt our legs when sat in it as metal was too hot and we thought it was going to blow up at any moment as it sounded so unsafe.

There was no one going round and picking up visitors discarded plastic cups and robes or wiping the wet floors.

Toilets were old and one was broken.

In our deal we had afternoon tea, this would have normally cost £15. I definitely wouldn't want to pay that for it. It had all the usual items but only two types of finger sandwiches, and they didn’t have clotted cream for the scones, they used squirty cream. I mean who uses squirty cream and why wouldn’t they have any clotted cream in on their busiest day? Their excuse was they had none left, it was only 12 pm on a Sat? Why didn’t someone just nip out and get some?

The only good parts we liked about this experience was the treatments which were good and the heated water beds to chill on.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this “spa day” as a gift, a first experience of a spa day for my teenage daughter pre exam results. Side stepping the stress! However, the experience is not what I expected & therefore we have not shared or raved about it on social media which is a natural instinct for most, especially teens & “first” experiences. In facts it’s how good business’s & repeat & new customers are born today. Great 1 hour treatments with lovely girls that looked after us during, but these can be done anywhere. The facilities here, the experience, the environment was just not up to standard. No spa environment felt. From paying an extra £10 for old, nobbly, hard robes/ flat hard towels, to dirty chambers/equipment, a mouldy single shower facility (the smell was over powering), lack of attention to detail, miminmul facilities, restricted afternoon tea, the experience was just not what was expected & what I paid for even at a deal cost. To the point that we was booked in for a full day & left after 3. I will not be returning or recommending, but such a shame as this business given its size & grounds could be so good.