“Great evening out!”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I had a great time at this restaurant. We went there for dinner on a Saturday night. The service was very good and the food was great. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have been for lunch a couple to times at the Georgetown Restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was excellent, the Singapore Sling is now my favourite cocktail, the venue is first class and ideal to take corporate clients as it is near the city centre with plenty of parking and will impress. I look forward to returning very soon. Try it and be impressed!

Reviewed 10 May 2012

The sandwiches were very chilled. The ginger cake and fondant icing mini cake were Mr Kiplings. The cream for the two small scones were from a can and had reduced to half its size and was foamy by the time we used it. This was a birthday treat from my daughter, even though it was from a groupon offer which meant we got it at a discount, the food was definately sub-standard. The service and decour was excellent, just the food that let it down so badly.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was our second visit to Georgetown. We were intrigued to find the menu had changed significantly since our earlier visit, with seemingly less focus on the Malaysian cuisine the restaurant was known for. The restaurant itself is welcoming, with lovely views over Colwick Park, and the staff are incredibly friendly.
For a starter I had an amazing Laksa, which was full of flavour and really whetted my appetite. Though my main (Beef Rendang) was nice, it perhaps lost something in the attempt to present it as high-class hotel food; a pile of rice, with beef slices arranged on top and a little (not enough) sauce. On the side was some fried okra, which was lovely. Desserts were also nice - homemade strawberry ice cream livened up a generic chocolate tart - but nothing out of the ordinary.
It felt a little as though they've been advised to focus more on traditional hotel food (Steak. Cajun fish) when they should be showcasing the magnificant Malaysian food that sets them apart from other restaurants in Nottingham. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Colwick Hall Hotel is a really impressive setting so we tried the place under a Groupon offer. We had the four course taster menu which you can see on their website. The food was lukewarm and frankly tasted as if it had all come out of a packet or worse. Everyone left at least one dish, some of it was inedible.
The cost would have been 39.50 if we had paid the full price although they do have offers. We wouldn't go back at any price unless they got a decent chef.