“Fantastic and Friendly”

The Cumin Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 1,286 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$28 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Cumin Indian Restaurant Authentic North Indian
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent meal and super friendly service. A menu that is not hindered with the dozens of mainstay dishes, but still plenty of choice with something for everyone. When I next make my way to Nottingham from King's Lynn I'll definitely pay another visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,490)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

After a long drive to Nottingham to see Elton John at the Capital Fm Arena we were more than ready to eat. Knowing my love for good Indian cuisine my girlfriend had researched The Cumin prior to our trip and after seeing the refreshingly unique menu it was the only option! We arrived shortly after opening and were warmly greeted by Sunny Anand who showed us to our table and offered drinks. The enthusiasm and passion for their food was evident in what was a truly outstanding appetiser which was simply but beautifully presented. I opted for the Achari Kind Prawns, and my girlfriend ordered the Til Jingha - the use of sesame seeds was impressive and something I have never seen before in Indian cooking. Then the main event - For me the Karahi Lamb which was again excuisite bringing flavours of ginger, capsicum, garlic and the refreshing spice of fresh green chilli, not to mention the 'melt in your moth texture' of the lamb which you just don't get in your average restaurant. My girlfriends Lamb Biryani came in its own pot sealed with dough which oozed with fragrance and flavour. My own simple pilau was just as tasty. It is quite clear that even the cobra lager is well looked after and while being crisp, fresh and cold is the perfect accompaniment to this north indian treat. Cumin Nottingham needs to continue to be recognised as possibly one of the best restaurants in the country. The flavours and textures that come from their kitchen are inspiring and the whole experience saddened me that such a great place is over 90miles away from where I live. Cumin 10 out of 10 for service, 10 out of 10 for quality and 10 out of 10 for individuality. There are no words to say how much we enjoyed dining with you. Absolutely fantastic - see you soon. Luke & Tracy - Chester

3  Thank lukehinton
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Me and my Dad popped in for a late dinner, we were very impressed with the menu, recognisable enough but with some very classic Indian cooking that you don't see on an everyday Indian British Menu. The food was delicious and the staff were very attentive and friendly. I will definitely be going back!

2  Thank rosie p
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recently visited with my partner and was very disappointed!

Popadoms are shards with 3 watery sauces and no onions or salad.

Asked for a lamb jalfrezi and was asked to have something similar. The price was £11.95 for a lamb stew.

Waited a long time and price came to around £45 for 2 mains, 3 drinks, rice and popadoms. Much better value out there!

1  Thank Jetset150
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Came here for a team meal with high expectations and was not disappointed. Quick service, excellent food, and we had the whole of the upstairs to ourselves and part of the county cricket team. Good selection of food and drink and plenty in the portions.

1  Thank mjstyles