“Best curry I’ve ever had!”

The Cumin Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 1,481 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$33 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Cumin Indian Restaurant Authentic North Indian
Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

I must start by saying that I’m not usually a particular curry fan as I’ve often found in the past all the dishes to be too similar or odd colours with food colouring etc from the various places I’ve eaten.

However Cumin was amazing. I had the onion bhaji first which was so light and fluffy and beautifully flavoured. For my main I had the Murg Malabari chicken curry. Wow, so delicious! It had mustard seeds in it and was a coconut based curry. Had the lime rice and some peshwari naan to accompany it. Top notch flavours all round! The poppadoms to start were so fresh too! We will be back!

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

We've lived in Nottingham for over 15 years and visited a lot of curry restaurants.First time we have been here. This is, in my opinion, one of the best. Amazing starters and mains. The staff were great. Honestly could not fault it.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 21 December 2018 via mobile

Going against tradition, we decided to go for a curry for this year’s Christmas night out. We booked our table many weeks ago and chose a set menu for 20. The booking process was really easy and the choice of food was great. We had vegan and vegetarian eaters in our party and they had dishes to cater for all diets and requirements.

The service was great. The staff really go out of their way to help you. I can imagine looking after 20 people in one party was tough for them, but they looked after us really well. So if you’re looking for a group meal for any occasion, I highly recommend Cumin.

Reviewed 15 December 2018 via mobile

Been going for years and have never been disappointed, a must for any curry lover.

Amazing food, attentive service.

Nothing to complain about.

Not the cheapest in nottingham but cost and value are not the same thing.

Get the sizzler plater on the main menu as a starter to share.

Reviewed 12 December 2018

We attended The Cumin as a group of 40 people with the Christmas Menu on 8th December and the feedback from staff was that the food was fantastic with lots of choice and great service. The staff were very attentive, managed by Sunny who was always on hand. There was a variety of starters, mains and cheesecake (plus other options) for desert and there weren't any complaints. Sunny also got in some 'English' meals and even a pizza (for one fussy eater) and a great night was had by all. The St James Street parking (NCP) is also a two minute walk away and the restaurant offers a free parking ticket. We had the upstairs however downstairs there were smaller tables for families and couples - I will certainly be attending with the Mrs in the near future!

1  Thank Rob M