“Christmas Lunch”

The Cumin Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,455 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$32 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Description: The Cumin Indian Restaurant Authentic North Indian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Firstly they opened especially for us and we were only a table of 10. The starters were amazing and we got an unexpected one which wasn't originally on the menu which was chilli paneer and it was really nice. Mains were great too and we were able to order more at no extra charge. Essentially an all you can eat but with the food made fresh. this is my second Christmas meal at The Cumin and i would definitely go again and recommend it to everyone.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went there today for a meal as it was my friend’s birthday. From the beginning we felt pressurised into ordering more. The man made it very clear that the minimum order is £15 per person although it doesn’t state that anywhere. Food was very average at the best. I can only pity the people who think they have had the best curry. £76 for 3 ppl with drinks for only one person and also using a discount card!! My friend asked for a parking voucher which was also declined because he used the discount card.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I must start by saying that I’m not usually a particular curry fan as I’ve often found in the past all the dishes to be too similar or odd colours with food colouring etc from the various places I’ve eaten.

However Cumin was amazing. I had the onion bhaji first which was so light and fluffy and beautifully flavoured. For my main I had the Murg Malabari chicken curry. Wow, so delicious! It had mustard seeds in it and was a coconut based curry. Had the lime rice and some peshwari naan to accompany it. Top notch flavours all round! The poppadoms to start were so fresh too! We will be back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We've lived in Nottingham for over 15 years and visited a lot of curry restaurants.First time we have been here. This is, in my opinion, one of the best. Amazing starters and mains. The staff were great. Honestly could not fault it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Going against tradition, we decided to go for a curry for this year’s Christmas night out. We booked our table many weeks ago and chose a set menu for 20. The booking process was really easy and the choice of food was great. We had vegan and vegetarian eaters in our party and they had dishes to cater for all diets and requirements.

The service was great. The staff really go out of their way to help you. I can imagine looking after 20 people in one party was tough for them, but they looked after us really well. So if you’re looking for a group meal for any occasion, I highly recommend Cumin.

Date of visit: December 2018