“A big disappointment ”
Review of Cooper's Brook

Cooper's Brook
Ranked #169 of 1,473 Restaurants in Nottingham
Description: Whatever the occasion, Eating Inn is the perfect place to visit! Our menu is always packed to the brim with an array of delicious dishes. Fancy a burger? We have a great range of them… and they all come with quality brioche buns. Craving some classic pub food? We’ve got that too. As for dessert… the list is extensive! It’ll make you want to gather your friends and family to come in and enjoy the quality and great value, together. If you’re thinking of bringing the kids, we’re armed with great children’s activity packs to keep them occupied and a menu full of scrumptious food to please even the fussiest of eaters.
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We booked a table but we were seated near the window the draft was terrible we were all cold and couldn’t wait to leave, after we sat down we had to wait 20 minutes for someone to come and take our drinks order at the same time we decided to order our food I’m glad we did as it took another 20 for the drinks to come!! The food was mediocre and missed things off 2 out of 5 main courses, I’ve had better at a Harvester!!! Won’t be going back!!!! Massive improvements required

4  Thank michelleg92

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Came here yesterday for first visit at Coopers Brook, the pub decor was lovely. We were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff. Our sunday roasts were delicious and good portions! Nearly too full for a pudding but couldn’t resist the chocolate brownie! Will definitely be returning soon and recommending to friends.

1  Thank TiffanyMartin
SmileyApril, Guest Relations Manager at Cooper's Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will join us again very soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

So visited here once when was old spot and really wasn't impressed with service then but thought we give another chance since changing to coopers brook. I am now thinking why did we bother. As arrived felt cold and dark inside and seemed alot of stuff running marathons around the bar without achieving much, we then proceeded to wait at least 5 minutes before being served, we ordered 2 pints of hop house 13 to painfully watch the attendant poor it and produce it going here u go we then mentioned wow that's flat as a witches tut she was like oh it's the glass I pored it in, felt like saying could of told u that. Then the ultimate whamy came of the price I wanted 2 scream HOW MUCH, even in high end country pubs we have never paid this much the price per pint was £4.65 absolutely ridiculous. We then sat down and sipped our beer like it was gold even though taste like a fosters.we sat near the bar and could hear coments from other people to realise we was not on out own too expensive and service terrible think they need more training and to reduce their prices. We will never be visiting there again. Avoid if want to live for the rest of month as cost a weeks wages for a bite to eat and a few beers

Date of visit: February 2018

I was very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to the Cooper's Brook. At Eating Inn it is our aim to ensure that every guest leaves us completely satisfied and I apologise that this did not happen on your recent visit. I would very much appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss this matter further on 0115 926 4012

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We used to visit The Old Spot (this pub's previous name) and always enjoyed our visit, for honest pub grub and friendly, efficient staff. Today, we decided to "nip" in on our way to Homebase to buy paint!

The decor is nice, much improved, but it was easy to see after sitting down that people around us weren't happy with their food (or the service). We ordered drinks and then our starter, a sharer of nachos which is really simple to prepare and difficult to mess up. It took well over 45 minutes to arrive and was ok, but like I say, difficult to get wrong.

For our mains we had fish and chips and a burger. These took over an hour to arrive and the fish was just wet mush and the batter very greasy. I left it as a result but my Son who had only had a very small burger and a few french fries finished off my main, even though he said it was horrible!

My Son had a pudding and said it was lovely and it was quicker to arrive.

The staff seemed quite stressed and were apologising profusely for food taking ages and then not being very good when it arrived. Some staff were very apologetic, others didn't seem to care.

Anyway, didn't end up getting my paint as was losing the will to live. Might give it another chance as it had only just opened but might take a while to go back! The Old Spot was a little tired around the edges but the food was better and much better value. Will see how it goes as they only re-opened a few days ago.

2  Thank SarahT547

Thank you for your recent review, I was genuinely very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your visit and concerned by some of the issues raised. I would very appreciate it if you could contact me on 0115 926 4012 to discuss the matter in more detail

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Been sat in the ‘restaurant’ for over an hour and still haven’t received our starter. Took about 5/6minutes to even be acknowledged at the bar. Even though 3 staff were serving their own drinks. It may be opening week but this is more than just opening hiccups!

Date of visit: February 2018

Thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear that you had a longer than usual wait for your food. I would appreciate it if you could take the time to contact me on 0115 926 4012 so that I can discuss your visit in more detail.