“Sneinton's hidden gem”
Review of Pistachio

Pistachio
Ranked #6 of 1,455 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Description: A family run Persian restaurant with a modern twist. Offering a range of grilled meats, vegetarian and vegan options. All our meals are also gluten free and we can substitute our Persian bread for vegetable sticks for the starter dips. Happy to discuss further dietary requirements and also set menus for large groups. Please feel free to contact us or book a table via our website.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Went here for a friend's birthday as a group of 7 and it was fantastic. The food was delicious and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The restaurant itself is really nice too, well worth the short 5 minute walk out of the city centre. Can't wait to go back and sample more things from the menu!

2  Thank Rachel S

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I couldn’t recommend this place enough. We booked Pistachio for my dad’s 80th birthday for 28 people. Rhiannon was so lovely, helpful and accommodating with the whole booking. There is such a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant, all the staff were so friendly and attentive. And of course most importantly the food was amazing. It’s really nice authentic food, beautifully presented. There were so many flavour bursting dishes that we were in food heaven. Thank you to all the team!

1  Thank SophiaScott
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am fond of Persian food - so I was looking forward to visiting Pistachio

It is pretty busy these days and we had not booked but they managed to sneak us into a table for 4.

We had a range of delicious dips to start with excellent Persian bread - for our main course we all opted for the stews which were universally excellent - looking around the kebabs also looked pretty good

Finally we had lovely Persian icecream to finish - quite different to usual icecream and not too sweet.

Waiting was considerate - portions are large and they offered to box up our remaining stews - so we also got lunch the next day

Chef came out to see us to get our views and feedback

This was an excellent restaurant and very good value and I will certainly be back. It is a short walk from Hockley through Sneinton market - but don't let the walk put you off and I do recommend you book

1  Thank 177richard
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

With me only having a limited time at home during the year, we had originally intended to stay in.
However, the draw of the food at Pistachio was too great as we hadn’t tried the new menu.
We decided to chance it and see if they had space for us last minute, and they did .... just
Off we went, mouths watering at the thought of upcoming tasty comestibles.
When we arrived the place was buzzing and we were met with the usual welcoming warmth from the staff and owners (which is always a good way to start an evening) and sat at a table that gave me a great view of everyone else enjoying their meals.
We started with the new dips which were plentiful and absolutely delicious, both of us really enjoyed them.
The follow up mains were equally outstanding, with meats, vegetables and rice cooked to perfection and presented with such care it was almost heartbreaking to disturb the art.
As much as I wanted, I couldn’t fit in a dessert, so I settled for some Persian tea.
Now I’m not a tea drinker, I generally don’t like it. But I’ve travelled through Iran from Lavan Island up to the Caspian Sea and sat in some simple places that served tea that is delicious, unlike the dishwater that seems to be served in the West.
Well, dear readers, even the tea here is delicious, and on par with the best teas I sampled in Iran.
Our 2 hour planned treat ended up being a perfect 4 hour experience to end the year with.
If you’ve never eaten Persian food, or haven’t tried the new menu, treat yourself and come here. The friendly staff will help with meal selection without making you feel uncomfortable, and I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the 5 star experience.

2  Thank Ged-and-Belinda
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited on New Years Eve with my girlfriend. We had left it quite late so were very happy to get a table, to be honest this restaurant probably would not have been our first pick as it’s not usually the type of of food we eat but I am so happy we did!

The restaurant is small and cosy, and the kitchen is open. The chefs even talk to you occasionally as they cook which I thought was cool!

We had the aubergine dip to start which was delicious! I definitely could have eaten more of the starters but did not want to spoil the main!

I had the lamb and my girlfriend had the meatballs, the meat was cooked to perfection and the sauce with the meatballs was sublime. Both portions generous and the rice was also fantastic.

We also had the special cheesecake for desert and with the cranberries it tasted fantastic and next time I will not be sharing!

We also tried the tea, I was initially disappointed they did not serve coffee but the tea was fantastic and I really enjoyed it.

The service is impeccable and they were very attentive, they bought us over a shot at the end as well free of charge which was a nice touch!

Overall it was just a lovely, pleasant dining experience and we will definitely be coming back!

Date of visit: December 2018