“Brilliant service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Would highly recommend. We went last weekend for the first time and the service food and atmosphere was brilliant! The staff were all so helpful and friendly! Will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My daughter and I popped down to the riverside near East Bridgford as we were recommended to by a friend to see the little restaurants on the banks - what a choice of eateries. Unfortunately we were there at 5.30 pm and most of them stop serving at 4 so, we hit Pontefino's - Am I glad we did? Gorgeous inside, beautiful furniture, fabulously done.

Weather was very warm so, we chose to sit outside - really lovely furniture, shame that you have to look at the ugly side of Tom Browns place but, it was nice all the same. I could have done a bit better with the flower boxes for a few quid but I could not complain at all really - atmosphere felt very continental - could have been in Puerto Banus to be fair.

Great staff, couldn't do enough for us. Food was typical, hearty Italian Fayre, generous proportions - we took a doggy bag home. The scallops were cooked to perfection and the sauce was finger licking good, used all my bread soaking it up!!! Antipasti fabulously presented with a selection of meats, parmesan, a few olives and rocket salad. Mains we had spaghetti, my daughter had carbonara - good and rich, I had marinara, asked for no squid and got just that - excellent rich sauce, just enough seafood - prawns, and mussels. The clams were off the menu today but, I would choose them next time.

This is a great little place for a relaxed Sunday afternoon - I loved the peace and quiet after the 4 oclock shut down in the other restaurants, I would imagine this would be VERY busy before 4 and quite a scrabble for car parking spots so, I am very glad we arrived late and found this lovely little trattoria on the banks of the Trent.

Highly recommended. On my list for a revisit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was our first visit (tonight) and I can safely say we will be returning. The service was fantastic, with staff being very attentive and friendly, and a really good atmosphere and feel to the place. Cannot understand why this restaurant would receive anything but great reviews, as we were really impressed with our whole dining experience and left feeling very satisfied and that our money was well spent. The tiramisu was the best we have all ever tasted, and the lemon cheesecake was delicious!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited last Saturday in a party of four, starters were lovely but took 40 minutes to arrive. Two of us had calzone for main which were nice but we also ordered two fillet steaks. They arrived and both of us eating them immediately thought we had been given sirloin instead. It was an extremely poor excuse as fillet. Awful in fact.
A waiter said he'd check when we asked but didn't appear to understand the question and over five minutes later he'd still not come back to us so we asked a waitress instead. She said she'd check with the chef but immediately took one of the plates with her to show him before we had time to protest (needless to say, it wasn't going to be eaten after that!).
When the waitress came back she was accompanied by a very bolshy woman (manager or owner perhaps) who straight away went on the defensive rather than exerting empathy as you'd expect! She had in fact, saw fit to bring the piece of meat the steaks had been supposedly cut from and said it must be the fault of the butcher. We're inclined to believe (or sure) she brought an entirely different piece out as the shape was entirely different as well. But either way, a very large and raw piece of meat into a crowded restaurant during a (god knows how but) busy service.
We were offered another dish but politely refused as we were concerned what we'd be presented with quite honestly and based on the attitude of the staff we just wanted out of there.
The bill came and all that had been discounted was 25% of the steak meals, which was a cheek and blatant insult.
When we normally visit the area we go to Tom Brown's which is next to Pontefino's, we thought we'd try somewhere new but completely regret the decision. Take my advice, pay a few pounds extra and go next door....... They won't serve you frozen chips with your "fillet" steak either! A joke.

3  Thank Hannah G
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited this evening after a last minute decision to eat out. We asked for a selection of starters and received a number of dishes that complimented each other and were all exceptionally tasty. The service was excellent, quick but not rushed with attentive staff on hand. A lovely evening with lovely food and a great ambience.