“Beautiful B n B”

Ranked #5 of 42 Nottingham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful B n B”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The house was so clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was beautifully presented and tasted good to. I would recommend this B n B to any one wanting to stay in Nottingham.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sammy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Made a booking for a one night stay at this B&B via booking.com Turned up at the B&B on a cold Saturday afternoon only to find the landlady puzzled at why people had turned up. Instead of inviting us into the warmth of the B&B, she stood as at the door with our luggage in hand for at least 10 mins to understand why we were there as she was not expecting anybody.

She insisted that there was no fault of theirs and booking.com had messed up our booking. I called up booking.com customer service and they insist that they have 3 different methods (fax, same booking system and email) by which they inform all B&B owners of any bookings received (and that they had received a delivery receipt for the fax).

We received a cold welcome into the B&B (I don't think the owner smiled much at all during our stay) and were left on our own for half an hour whilst they tried to understand what the issue was (this was even though they did have an empty room within the B&B in any case). The owner did serve us tea in the end.

We were then shown to a room which was small and very cold - I asked about the heating a couple of times and the owner just pointed me to the knobs either side of the heaters and it took us a good half an hour to get it all working. The bathroom was tiny and freezing (with no heating whatsoever).

As part of my call to booking.com I requested compensation from the owner for the terrible reception on arrival and making us wait half an hour. She apparently explained to booking.com that there was very little difference between the room we would have got had they known about the booking and this one we had now been placed in. Although she acknowledged that she had been caught off guard, she didn't think that poor customer service justifies some compensation! She also informed booking.com that 'she would make it up to us at breakfast'. We noticed no extra effort!

I was really upset because through no fault of ours, we were inconvenienced, made to feel completely unwelcome (almost unwanted) and still paid for the room in full.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank travelshah
Kingussie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We only had one night and breakfast at Sunny Mount but enjoyed the service provided in every way. We had to attend a function nearby and after a long journey to Nottingham this was a real oasis, especially after some challenging navigation caused by nearby roadworks. We felt we had a secure parking spot behind the house and so opted to walk to our event. Breakfast the next morning made us wish we had also had the evening meals on offer. Though I cannot pretend to like Nottingham per se, I was really pleased that we were able to stay at Sunny Bank and feel secure and well cared for.
J and D

Room Tip: We had the room with a super view which was a bit cosy but the bathroom was superb.
Uffculme, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have just returned from staying here and can say it was the best B & B I have stayed at for a long time. The owners were very helpful and went out of their way to help my elderly Mother who was travelling with me. The room was very well presented and they had made up a extra bed so we could share a room. The breakfsats were to die for, a very good choice and very well presented, a lot of thought has been put in to everything here We were tired Saturday evening so opted to take advantage of having an evening meal there and had the stuffed chicken followed by the Autumn berry pastry stack, both of which was home made and could easily of graced the table of a top hotel or restaurant. We enjoyed the fact that it was quiet and very comfortable. we shall certainly be staying again when we are in Nottingham

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Leeds
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed here whilst visiting Nottingham for a friends wedding. Being an ex nottingham resident I knew the area quite well, and the location is good for getting around Nottingham. The rooms are very well presented, and the owners were very helpful when we asked to use the room early due to arriving before the usual check in time (we were given an alternative room to change in) which was most appreciated. The bed was very comfy with quite luxurious bedding. Breakfast was served promptly, and was lovely, with very unique crockery and was presented very well. My only small criticism is the bacon was smoked, and was quite strong, I prefer unsmoked! The poached eggs were cooked to perfection, so all in all a very nice breakfast! Would definately stay again. My only other tiny criticism is the price, a bit pricey!

London, UK
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Warm welcome with a lovely breakfast. We had the last available bedroom out of a choice of three so it was a bit small with a bathroom built in the bedroom. This was tiny and not good for privacy. Decor a bit twee and felt a bit 'changing rooms'. Not central at all, so you would need a car to pop out to eat, but a great b and b.

Baltimore
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The B&B is within easy transit distance to Nottingham, and affords great views of the area. There is a comfortable sitting room, which, sadly, seems more for show than for use (I saw no one there during my stay). The accommodations comprised a suite, rather than just a room, with a nearly palatial bathroom, and a mini-fridge for convenience. However, while the space afforded me in the suite was large, it was unevenly distributed: I would have appreciated a larger bedroom at the expense of some bathroom space. There was no place to put a suitcase, so the bedroom felt very tight; the pictures online are therefore deceptive. I have to admit that I did not like the food: a shame since it seems one of the proprietors is, or has aspirations of being, a chef; until I requested no extra salt or seasonings be added it was very salty and spicy. I think the worst part, however, is that the B&B lacked the warmth one would expect from a B&B. It felt more hotel-like in ambiance, and it seems like the B&B is in transition to more of a spa-like facility (spa services recently began to be offered), with a resulting decline in the personal interaction of a B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo