“Chips for breakfast”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Chips for breakfast”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Went for breakfast. My husband's full English was fine, but my vegetarian one was full of chips..chips for breakfast?? No mushrooms. Unimaginative - hash browns or fried bread would have been nicer - more beans, tomatoes....mushrooms - and maybe a veggie sausage? Staff were excellent.

Visited April 2013

“Good Bar - Nice Food”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I went to the Slug and Lettuce at about 6pm on 12th April 2013. It was quite busy, we hadn't booked, but we were seated quickly (table for two) and our order was taken within 5 minutes of sitting down. We opted for a platter to share - I think it was called their Maxi Platter - and that arrived within about 10 minutes of ordering. Chicken dippers, onion rings, bruschetta, breaded mushrooms, ribs and dips. Plenty for two people - anymore than two and it would be better as a shared starter. The food was good, and at £12.95 good value. The service was prompt and friendly, and although the place started to fill up pretty quickly we didn't feel pressured to vacate the table until we were ready. I've been here before, although usually just for a couple of drinks after work, and I like the layout of the bar area - comfy seats are always welcome. My only gripe with the place is the location of the toilets which are up a couple of flights of stairs. Not a problem for me personally but I saw a couple of people with young children struggling a bit to get them up and down safely. All in all though I recommend this venue. It's city centre location makes it especially convenient if you're going out to the theatre or cinema and need a quick bite to eat first.

• Visited April 2013
Torino
“terrible customer service”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The customer service is very terrible. besides the bad drinks (although not always), I didn't like the way I've been treated by the staff. The last time I went I waited ten minuets to be served at the counter before the waiter told me that they weren't serving anymore. The same night I have been waiting outside for my friends for 20 minutes without my jacket (with cell phone) as I took a friend of mine to the bus stop as they decided not to let anybody in half an hour before closure. That was the last time I went. And that is a shame because the atmosphere is really nice and, music is good and drinks affordable.

Visited March 2013
“Brillant”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The food is good and the service especially Beccy is brillant very friendly and knows her job well. we go in about once a month for lunch and she knows us every time we go in

Visited March 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Standard pub nice place”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Nice bar in the center of town. Food's ok, nothing special. Would only go there on a Monday for 50% off food deal. Wouldn't pay over a tenner for a burger on any other day that's for sure.

Lots of room, nice atmosphere. Perfect for a catch up meal with friends, not really special occasion dining !

• Visited March 2013