“Superb Quality ”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I dined at the Anoki in Nottingham on Sunday night and we decided to opt for the Sunday night banquet.
We don't normally go for something like this but thought we would give it a try as each diner gets 5 different starters and 5 different main courses. It was a good opportunity to try dishes that we wouldn't normally order.
Everything was delicious as usual and I was really surprised how tasty some of the dishes were like the fish in a kind of sweet chilli sauce, and chicken in a Keema curry sauce.
Any way there was so much food that we asked the staff to pack up what we couldn't eat and we gave it to a homeless chap once outside.
The food was delicious and the staff were really nice.
Still one of the best Indian restaurants in Nottingham.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank lewis C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were lucky enough to get a table on a very busy Saturday night. The staff are friendly but they were so busy we didn't we much of them.

I ordered the Lamb Desi and considering how full the restaurant was it came in pretty good time. The lamb was of good quality but sadly I found the curry itself lacking in flavour. At around £20 for a main course (which does not include rice!!) And with a naan on top it's closer to £30 for a main course I really expected more.

The complimentary poppadoms were nice and staff friendly. But I'm afraid I think you'll find a tastier curry for a better price elsewhere.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 1 week ago

went as a group of 5 from work, welcome was very friendly and accomodating.Lovely surroundings ,service excellent .Not the cheapest of restaurants but the quality and quantity of the food reflects the price and it is nice to be treated as "special".Staff were very helpful and always at hand for any queries etc .Toilets are spotless and well worth a visit !!!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything from the greeting at the door to the presentation and taste of the food and value for money was perfect.
Looked after the GF diets really well.
The Merlot was super as well.
Only fault - just wish it was a lot closer to home - it would be our local!

1  Thank Terry L
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I recently went to my wife’s retirement party at Anoki. The staff couldn’t have been more accommodating. We were a large group of 16 but Akram set out the tables just as we wanted them and did a great job of decorating the table with fresh roses for this special occasion and organising the menu beforehand. The different dietary needs of the group were all accommodated without a fuss. On the night Akram, Amelia and Faz ensured the evening went smoothly and were attentive throughout. The food was absolutely wonderful, as usual for Anoki.
All the guests had a fantastic Sunday night and were still talking about through the following week.
Many thanks for making it such a perfect experience and night to remember.