“Excellent !!”

Ranked #38 of 41 Nottingham B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Excellent !!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The service is excellent and rooms are clean and superb food. We have stayed here for 10-12 days and did not miss our home. I would prefer to stay in future in Cotswold as such personalized service is difficult to find elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank YKhemka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We booked the hotel for 5 nights for 1 and a single night for myself, as we were working away in the area. £159 for a single room for 5 nights b&b brilliant value!! My double was about £50 for the night, again I think that's good value. Essentially if you live in a large Victorian house, like staying in 4star hotels for less than £100 on line one off deal type affair you will not like this hotel. The rooms are very small, but I live in a modern flat and it was like being at home, just smaller. Modern decor, bedding, laminate flooring, clean and well presented. The modern TV was wall mounted and had free view, the signal was intermittent so I used the free wi fi and tanned the Internet, speed was great! The layout made the maximum use of the space, and I enjoyed relaxing in the room. The shower was an electric one, so it was lovely and warm but lacked power, but hey, I managed to have an enjoyable 15min shower and I got clean, what more can you ask for. The bathroom lighting gave a great look and highlighted how clean it was. The sink and vanity unit were in the room, but that's fine for me, easier to get a drink check the hair and how much weight I need to lose in the wall mounted lighted mirror. The breakfast, was the absolute bomb! Full English, loads of perfect toast good coffee nice staff, no issues at all. We went out to an Italian up the road but there is a very good Indian restaraunt attached to the hotel, we didn't have a drink at the bar but the local bars were good, 1 across the road and a weather spoons about 15min walk or short taxi ride. The issues people have with the windows are that they are not double glazed, but judging by the age of the building these will be listed, and double glazed timber sash units cost an absolute premium, so just understand it's a business not making a fortune and expect a little road noise but enjoy the originality of it. Overall great stay, will absolutely stay again if only for the breakfast!! If you like big modern hotels and 4 star quality for £50 stay elsewhere, but you will struggle to find anything in that location in that standard for sub £70 a night prices. I'm booking the same room again for a fortnights time. Recommend? Strongly

• Stayed September 2012
London
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night only, then checked into another one as here they couldn't extend my stay, but it turned out to be a lucky thing for me in comparison to my next one.
Very basic hotel, with small rooms and a very unenthusiastic staff.
Overpriced for the quality.
As for sleeping & relaxing, the door bell must have been placed very close to my window as every single time it rang I nearly jumped out of my bed.

If you are on a budget consider it, but worth adding an extra 5 pounds for a better stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I recently stopped at the Cotswold Hotel for the second time and I have to say that it is a hotel that give fantastic value for money.
The rooms are very well equiped, having TV, tea and coffee making, a small desk and a well designed bathroom.
The thing that sticks out about this hotel is the cleanliness - the room on both occasions was absolutely spotless. In fact many larger and so-called higher rated hotels could and should come here for a lesson in cleanliness.
The breakfast room is quite basic but excellent value for money considering the fact that breakfast is included in the price! My only comment would be that the tv is placed uncomfortably high up on the wall, making it difficult to see a clear image - it makes viewing a bit uncomfortable also.
Apart from that minor issue - I will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Oxford
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We often stay in this area, but the places we usually patronise were all full, so we thought we'd give this one a try. It's conveniently located and easy to get to. From the outside it is rather unprepossessing, and the interior could do with a bit of renovation. But the room was quiet and clean and the bed was ok, though there wasn't much space for anything else in the room. Breakfast (included in the price) was your standard British fryup, and the coffee was a more drinkable than I expected. Staff were polite and efficient. If the price had been a bit more realistic (128 GBP for a double room!) I would be planning to come back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We booked through Laterooms but could have saved a lot by booking direct. The outside was completely different to inside. Very minimal but we thought it worked. Our room wasn't that big but more than adequate for the 2 nights we were there. En suite was very clean. Breakfast was adequate but was not told of alternatives that were available. Staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank perana
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

went to this b&b on the 5/5/12 were bitterly disappointed rooms were not only very small the en suit was just a cupboard with a toilet and shower in it we paid £59 for a broom cupboard not at all what we expected from the pictures on the internet my wife and i booked in at 1530pm and left at 1600pm it just did not come up to scratch they refused to give me refund plus the t v did not work would not recommend this b&b to anyone

Room Tip: only stayed for 1/2 hour
Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple