“Always consistent”

The Riverbank Bar & Kitchen
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Riverbank Bar & Kitchen is a vibrant, busy venue in a stunning location on Trent Bridge, West Bridgford.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My husband took me to Riverbank last night for a "special" meal. Out of all the restaurants we eat in in Nottingham, this always proves to be the most consistent.

The last few times we have eaten here, we have opted for the tapas in the bar area; last night we ate in the restaurant.

We had a sharing board for two to start and this was delicious. The waiter even swapped the olives for sun dried tomatoes as neither of us are partial to olives. For mains we both had lamb burgers and these were really flavoursome and filling. My husband couldn't manage a pudding.

The service was good, the restaurant was not so busy being a Wednesday, but the staff are polite and very efficient always. We enjoyed the ambience, and being beside the River Trent, it's nice to enjoy a little walk before and after dinner.

All in all, a lovely night.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We went for good before the Ibiza Pop up Party. We'd never been before so didn't really know what to expect, the atmosphere as soon we walked Into the restaurant was lovely, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious, I had the goats cheese starter and then the chicken seafood paella. Everything was just delicious, more so than we could have wished for. They even brought out a birthday dessert on the house for my other half, and I hadn't even remembered telling them it was his birthday

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself was well presented and the service was good. The food itself was fairly average and slightly overpriced. The breads with balsamic and foccacia with tomato tapenade were lovely, and the roasted garlic delicious. The mains however disappointed. The chicken tagliatelle was apparently very good but the burgers weren't the best, though not bad, but for the price of between £12-14 I would expect more. The brioche buns were burned around the edges, the lamb burger was very dry and hard to eat, whilst the beef burgers were just ok, lacking that real kick of flavour. Burgers at Annie's or TGI are superior and cost less. That said the fat chips accompanying were good. The desserts were ok, the chocolate fondant was nice but needed more ice cream to contrast, whilst the lemon meringue was very good but the bitter chocolate too overpowering.

Overall the evening was very enjoyable but that was more hinged on the great company rather than the great food.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is my go to restaurant when back in Notts. Always greeted cheerfully, service is always friendly, discreet and pleasant. Food quality is great.

If the riverbank opened up in Berlin, I would be a very happy girl!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I often drive here for a drink outside overlooking the river trent, or for afternoon lunch with my partner. Its a fairly priced and modern venue with attentive and friendly staff, good wine and pleasant atmosphere.