Holiday Inn Nottingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hart's Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
The Walton Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsretail parkpizza hutcity centreexecutive roomtwo double bedscanal towpathhungry horsecastle marinaample free parkingair condecent hotelcomfortable staystayed one nightgood nights sleepreception staffhotel is situatedfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Located near to central Nottingham. This is one of only a handful of hotels that offers free parking.
The staff at checkin were very polite, and an executive room had been provided due to my priority club status.
The rooms were well equipped with good beds, large bathrooms with a good range of toiletries. There was a mini bar, with extortionate prices, but a good selection.
The bar service was very good, with food being served a the bar, only 5 minutes after ordering. The waiting staff were very polite.

For the price and location, you can't go wrong here. A taxi into central nottingham was only £3.50.
My only gripe was the speed of the elevators, but that isn't really a big issue.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Arrived at the hotel, tight car park. Exterior of the hotel is typical and of modern construction. A unremarkable building.

Reception tried insinuating we had booked a twin room not a double. We were told we were mistaken and they spent some time moving us to the appropriate room type after some unprofessional claims that we were mistaken - dis-proven by our printed booking confirmation.

The bathroom had issues with rust and other oxidisation to the metal work. I also had to flush the toilet which still had a floating visitor from what I assume was the previous guest.

The room was on the second floor, overlooking the Sainsburys car park opposite. Not an inspiring view, but the room was comfortable and clean. In spite of the room overlooking the busy dual carriageway and Sainsburys car park, it was very quiet. The only noise was when a member of staff woke us up at approximately 12 to 1 am knocking the wrong door. Suffering from pneumonia at the time, rest was very important.

Having read the previous night that breakfast was served from 6:30 am, we set off for breakfast early as a snowstorm was expected to hit our destination later that day which we were keen to avoid, only to find that the information we read was undermined by another breakfast notice which stated a different time for breakfast on the weekends, why the separate times for breakfast were on separate notices was never explained. It basically meant we had to depart without breakfast to avoid the snowstorm.

Overall, the hotel is unremarkable. We never ate there so cannot comment on the food. The staff attitude was never accommodating and at times confrontational and unnecessarilly so.

It has put me off using Holiday Inn for future trips.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Mr_Tsao,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed here many times on business and its great and just what a business traveller needs - even a leisure traveller too.

I have always been on my own but had two huge queen size beds which are soo comfortable. There are always loads and loads of pillows and you can choose from soft or hard but they are all good. There are loads of towels and the rooms are immaculate. The staff are very good on reception and behind the bar and in the restaurant (only tested for breakfast) and nothing wrong with the good buffet selection for breakfast. I sleep so well at this hotel it is very comfortable, and so quiet. It has free parking on site and its a pleasure to stay there. If you were staying without a car a taxi fare into town is only about £4.50 and a few minutes away and there are supermarkets and shops just a very short walk away. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Nottingham and I stay at a lot of hotels.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel on a leisure break for one night at the weekend. We were travelling as a family with my two young children. The hotel is really nice, very clean and modern. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and specifically Leanne on Reception was great! The bedrooms are nice, and the hotel is only a 10 minute walk along the canal to the City Centre Shops. I would definately recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Came here with my wife and two young children. The room was very nice and there was an extra double bed for the children and not the sofa bed described when I booked it so we were very pleased. The room's temperature could get hot but easily changed with the thermostat/air conditioning. Car parking was free so we were pleased as I think that hotels should provide parking and not charge their guests to use it. One gripe we had was that breakfast was not included in the price and to charge around £12 for breakfast is extortionate (we decided to have breakfast elsewhere and under half this price).
However the hotel is situated only fifteen minutes' walk from the city centre which can be taken next to the canal which is very scenic. There is a Sainsbury opposite and a bus stop right outside (which we didn't use). Staff are very pleasant and helpful but very disappointed with the lack of tourist leaflets for Nottingham. There were plenty of leaflets for Yorkshire and wider areas but would have throught there was more to do in Nottingham than the couple of leaflets present. There was also a PC with free internet access which proved very useful when researching for local sites. Would totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the back was very quiet and we were not disturbed by anyone
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family