Holiday Inn Nottingham
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hart's Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
The Walton Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsretail parkpizza hutcity centreexecutive roomtwo double bedscanal towpathhungry horsecastle marinaample free parkingair condecent hotelcomfortable staystayed one nightgood nights sleepreception staffhotel is situatedfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here this week for one night on business. The experience did not start well as I had to wait over half an hour to check in as the queue was very long. I think it could have been easily solved with additional staff on the reception desk Having said that, I did have time to have a drink in the bar whilst waiting. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and well equipped and the bathrooms clean and functional. The main bar and reception area are pleasant. We had dinner at the hotel which started well with a short wait for starters which were very nice. However, we waited an awful long time for both the main course and dessert which were not of great quality and rather disappointing. Having said that, I had a great nights sleep, the breakfast was very good and the check out very quick and pleasant so I think the evenings issues may have been down to the amount of guests the hotel had that evening. As 3 star hotels go, the experience was good overall.

• Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear eagertoseetheworld,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I am happy to read you enjoyed the room accommodations you received. I am deeply sorry to read that some aspect of our staff service and hospitality were not up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The good news is the internet now works pretty well. The bad news is they still charge you 7.50 British Pounds per day... and they code changes every day so you have to continue to request a new one.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, and the bathroom had good water pressure etc.

Breakfast is decent, but there appear to be a number of rates... some with breakfast, some without, and some in between (better price on breakfast.)

All in all not bad, but still requires a bunch of effort on my part to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a room with AC in the summer.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear David F,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. It gives me great pleasure to read that we have improved our guest experience following your previous stay. As you have mentioned we now offer a vastly improved internet service and I can confirm that we are currently reviewing our pricing strategy. Thank you for choosing to return to the Holiday Inn Nottingham and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Used to be a regular business guest up until five or so years ago and was always satisfied with the rooms (usually the same room each visit) and always found the staff friendly & helpful, indeed with the number of visits it was easy to become friends. Stayed again last month and not disappointed after 5 years. Executive room at rear of hotel was first class & thankfully quiet but I do wish the Holiday Inn Group would increase their stock of "Special" pillows which they promote so strongly. It is pleasant to have a choice, but unless you are quick you are likely to be unlucky. If you are a regular and an IHG Rewards Club member they already hold your preferences though. Breakfast is quite reasonable although can be a bit of a bun fight if there are a couple of coach loads of crumblies on a theatre visit and choice/variety does not compare with the Q Belfry Hotel which probably serves the finest breakfast in the County (sorry Holiday Inn). Pleased to see some familiar faces still there which is reassuring. A fair amount of road works etc., going on affecting access slightly in one direction but nevertheless hotel is well placed to enjoy what Nottingham has to offer and overall good for both business and pleasure...........long way from the beach though !! (joke).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GerryBrownBear,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand, I’m extremely happy we were able to provide the high level of service and quality you have come to enjoy and expect. We work hard to maintain and improve standards throughout the whole hotel and it gives me great pleasure to receive your feedback. I am very pleased to report that the road works in front of the hotel have now been completed and normal traffic conditions have been resumed. Thank you for choosing to return to the Holiday Inn Nottingham and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Decided to visit Nottingham as not been for a while and booked the Holiday Inn on Castle Bridge Rd.Stayed for two nights and had breakfast included in the deal as we booked well in advance.Lots to do and see in and around the area of the hotel which was very clean and well run with spotlessly clean room and shower and a quite decent breakfast.Only possible little moan was the bedroom was extremely warm even with the heating turned right down but the bed was comfortable so sleeping was'nt a problem.Very friendly staff both at reception and at the bar and dining room.All in all another visit to Holiday inn which went well and will use again in the future

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynnbaz,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you felt well looked after by the team. I have passed you comments on to the relevant departments and our maintenance manager will be investigating the heating issue you've mentioned. I am happy to read that this didn’t detract from an overall enjoyable stay.
Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting family. This was our first time in Nottingham, and this hotel is in an ideal location. We were close enough to walk into town along the canal, and on occasions where we used taxis, these never cost more than £5.50. All around the hotel are eating places, a massive Sainsbury and garage. From arrival to departure the staff were very professional and polite. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and the whole experience was very relaxing.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Foxtikka

Dear Foxtikka,

Thank you for your feedback. Your review plays a vital role in assisting us to improve our quality and our service levels. We work extremely hard to ensure that we maintain high standards across the whole hotel and it’s very comforting to read your feedback. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.