“Very good for business stay”

Holiday Inn Nottingham
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Very good for business stay”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with my recent stay, rooms clean, very good service. Perfect for a business overnight stay. I will use this hotel again for my next planned stays in Nottingham. I also liked the fact that it was on a retail park so had facilities close by.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jackie0610
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear jackie0610,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear such positive feedback. We are really proud of our team and the high standards that they deliver.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn on your next visit to Nottingham.

Paul Bentham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose this hotel for a one night DBB stay. Reception staff were very welcoming, and we were given a very pleasant and spacious room. Dinner was very good, with a wide choice of menu, and breakfast was what we have come to expect of Holiday Inns - plenty of choice and as much as we could want. Close to the Castle, we enjoyed a good walk after breakfast before continuing on our way. We would certainly return if we want to stay in this area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Richard T,

Thank you for your fantastic review following your recent stay. We work extremely hard to ensure that we maintain high standards across the whole hotel and it’s very comforting to read your feedback. We will be introducing a new evening menu very shortly and I hope you’ll have the opportunity to sample some of the new dishes the next time you visit. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed on Thursday night and again on Monday night in the same room and sadly found the hotel below average for a corporate chain hotel. We were on a D+B+B inclusive rate.
Staff were always busy and not immediately mindful of us.
The dinner menu was unexceptional and the food average, delivered with little care or enthusiasm. The first & second course took forever to arrive and we left before the pudding as the staff were rushed off their feet and we were being ignored. No apology but when I complained next day some recompense was offered.
At the end of our second dinner we were given a greatly inflated bill as "there is no system to tell servers that you are on an inclusive rate”. Beware.
Cleaning of room was shoddy with blood down the side of the toilet.
We are unable to recommend this hotel as nothing quite works as it should but we have been using this chain for many years.
Where is the Management in Nottingham?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Albionlancashire,

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to deliver the best possible customer experience however it’s obvious that we fell short on this occasion. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I can assure you that I’ll be discussing your feedback with the team. I would really like to discuss your recent visit further and I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on 0115 993 5000.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Spent a pleasant weekend break at this Holiday Inn and found the staff to be very friendly and the front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful. The big advantage is the free parking. Although it was a cold, windy weekend the 15 minute walk into the city centre was quite pleasant along the canal. Buses run regularly just down the road (£1.70 each way) and a taxi was under £5 to the Theatre Royal.
Breakfast was included in our rate and was very good with plenty of choice from the buffet and cooked to order. I would have liked some nice rolls to go with the cold meats rather than toast. I did notice on the second day that there was what looked like part-baked ciabatta sliced up but something from a local bakery or even Sainsbury across the road would be great. If you do not want to pay for breakfast there is McDonald's and Sainsbury close by.
The room was fine, quiet and very clean but we were surprised to return on Saturday at 5.30 to see that it had not been made up from the morning. The chamber maid was sent immediately but it meant moving to the lobby while we left her in peace. Small point on the hospitality tray...who buys whole milk these days? Semi skimmed is the compromise favoured by most catering outlets.
All in all we enjoyed the stay, would return at any opportunity and are happy to recommend the Holiday Inn.

Dear laNyonsaise,

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were well looked after by the team. I have forwarded your breakfast buffet recommendations on to our Head Chef, as it’s through feedback such as yours that helps us to continually improve our offering. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay in refreshing your guestroom. We are currently reviewing our housekeeping system to ensure that all of our guestrooms are serviced promptly. Once again thank you for your comments, and I will be certain to pass all of your feedback on to the relevant departments.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here briefly on business. The hotel is slightly outside the city centre but not a problem for me as we had a car. The usual Holiday Inn description applies - decent sized room, clean and comfortable, good breakfast. In truth I wasn't there long enough to give a good account but certainly nothing to dissuade me from staying there again. Staff friendly as always.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear SirElDoctore,

Thank you very much for your review. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant departments and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at the Nottingham Holiday Inn the weekend of the 1st March 2014 to visit my daughter who is at university. Chose it because it had a parking (unlike the city centre hotels) and was only a 15 minute walk from the centre. This is either a new hotel or has been recently refurbished, as the decor was of a high standard and better than you usually expect from a Holiday Inn. Receptionist Tracy was very welcoming and couldn't do enough to help, we felt valued by her and all the staff we came into contact with. Room was clean, well presented and very comfortable, often hotel beds wreck my back.

The real treat for me was the restaurant, despite everything on offer in the city, on the second night we thought we would just stay in for a couple of drinks and a meal. I was expecting standard hotel fayre, but was pleasantly surprise by the presentation, quality and price, three courses for £16.95. They clearly have a chef who cares about his food, give it a try!!!

Didn't have breakfast as price seemed a bit steep (but comparable to other hotels), especially as you can walk across the road to Sainsbury's coffee shop!

So a good weekend all round, we will be looking forward to staying there next time we visit my daughter. Thanks to all the staff.

............and the other thing I like is that the manager responds to every posting good or bad, well done to him!!!

Dear Brian W,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We have really focused on developing the team and providing them with the right tools to deliver great service and I’m happy that this has come across during your recent stay. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our public areas, gym and restaurant and I’m glad you like what we’ve done so far.
I must say that our Head Chef is delighted by your feedback. He prides himself on producing quality dishes cooked from fresh ingredients prepared in house. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Caistor UK
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We asked for an early check-in (1pm) as we were due at a wedding ceremony at 3pm and, upon arrival we were able to do so and we had plenty of time to change We had 4 rooms reserved under different names and were dealt with very quickly. The room was very clean and comfortable and we had a very quiet and peaceful night. Breakfast was very good and efficiently served. Would recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear CASTORIANS,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I’m glad you found our check-in process quick and efficient. Even though we cannot guarantee an early check-in we always try to accommodate every request and I’m glad this was the case during your recent visit. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to all of the team.
Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.