“Great room and excellent staff, food average though”

Holiday Inn Nottingham
Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Great room and excellent staff, food average though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had a one night stay here recently with work.

I was impressed by the room when I first walked in as it was above and beyond my expectations.

I went to the restaurant/bar for food and ordered my dinner as I was keen to eat after a long day! I had the pasta bolognese which was a very large portion, however was a little tasteless. I was unable to finish it mainly due to the size of the portion!

I had to leave early the next morning and I was informed there would be a breakfast pack put together our to me, however, in the morning, the reception was not aware of this and the chef didn't know what to put in it! The staff were kind enough to offer me things they had available such as croissants and in fact as I was getting in my car, Mo (who was on reception) came out and gave me a pack he had out together which contained fruit and yogurt which was kind of him.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve C
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Steve C,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience with us. As mentioned in one of my previous replies our food offering is usually produced to a very high standard and I am disappointed to receive your feedback. Please rest assured that this will be addressed immediately and thank you again for bringing this to my attention. I will also be investigating why your breakfast pack wasn’t ready on check-out as we have systems in place to ensure every request is met. Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Paul Bentham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
Medway Towns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We dropped in here to break a journey and because its very near Sat Bains where we had dinner. The staff were helpful and friendly and the room fine. Breakfast also was good and my daughters enjoyed the room service while we were out! My only concern was the ridiculous £5 WiFi charge Per device - in this day and age that just feels wrong, however good value the rest of it was.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kevjacks
Dear kevjacks,

Thank you for your recent review. I’m glad you were well looked after by the team and ultimately had an enjoyable stay with us. We currently offer 24hr complimentary Wi-Fi access in all of our public areas and towards the end of the year Wi-Fi will be complimentary for all IHG Reward members. Once again thank you for your comments and I will be certain to pass all of your feedback on to the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bournemouth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have just stayed at this Holiday Inn and had a pre ordered dinner on the Saturday. The menu give you the impression that the food will be of a good standard but the reality is that the food is no better than the lower average chain eatery. I had the pate to start with aged salad leaves and it should have had smoked duck salad but alas the duck had flown off. the Roast Lamb rump had been cooked on the char grill that was not very clean and as a result I tasted the bitter flavour from the grill bars - Ughh. My dessert was served on a slate which considering I had as caramel sauce that ran over onto to the table was not a good serving plater. The staff were enthusiastic and tried very hard but were let down by a poor quality Chef!!!

The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wilson385
Dear Wilson385,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your recent dining experience with us. I must say that I am very disappointed to read your comments as it is our mission to consistently exceed guest expectation. Unfortunately on this occasion it seems we fell well short of our usually high standards. Following you feedback we have held several internal meetings to address the issues raised. I hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back again soon as I’m confident you’ll have a much improved experience.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ideally placed and nice hotel, food always good plenty of parking. Staff always very friendly and helpful. I have always managed to check in at 2 with no problem.there is also other eating establishments within walking distance

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kevin G,

Thank you for your 5 star review. It’s great to receive such positive feedback from a returning customer. We really focus on delivering the best possible guest experience and it gives me great confidence in the team when we receive such encouraging feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Very pleased with my recent stay, rooms clean, very good service. Perfect for a business overnight stay. I will use this hotel again for my next planned stays in Nottingham. I also liked the fact that it was on a retail park so had facilities close by.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jackie0610
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear jackie0610,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear such positive feedback. We are really proud of our team and the high standards that they deliver.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn on your next visit to Nottingham.

Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose this hotel for a one night DBB stay. Reception staff were very welcoming, and we were given a very pleasant and spacious room. Dinner was very good, with a wide choice of menu, and breakfast was what we have come to expect of Holiday Inns - plenty of choice and as much as we could want. Close to the Castle, we enjoyed a good walk after breakfast before continuing on our way. We would certainly return if we want to stay in this area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Richard T,

Thank you for your fantastic review following your recent stay. We work extremely hard to ensure that we maintain high standards across the whole hotel and it’s very comforting to read your feedback. We will be introducing a new evening menu very shortly and I hope you’ll have the opportunity to sample some of the new dishes the next time you visit. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed on Thursday night and again on Monday night in the same room and sadly found the hotel below average for a corporate chain hotel. We were on a D+B+B inclusive rate.
Staff were always busy and not immediately mindful of us.
The dinner menu was unexceptional and the food average, delivered with little care or enthusiasm. The first & second course took forever to arrive and we left before the pudding as the staff were rushed off their feet and we were being ignored. No apology but when I complained next day some recompense was offered.
At the end of our second dinner we were given a greatly inflated bill as "there is no system to tell servers that you are on an inclusive rate”. Beware.
Cleaning of room was shoddy with blood down the side of the toilet.
We are unable to recommend this hotel as nothing quite works as it should but we have been using this chain for many years.
Where is the Management in Nottingham?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Albionlancashire,

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to deliver the best possible customer experience however it’s obvious that we fell short on this occasion. Please accept my sincerest apologies and I can assure you that I’ll be discussing your feedback with the team. I would really like to discuss your recent visit further and I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on 0115 993 5000.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.