“Good solid choice”

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Liverpool, UK
“Good solid choice”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Nottingham recently for 3 nights during a trip to Trent Bridge. The hotel is situated on a retail park with a Sainsburys and some restaurants (Harvester, Pizza Hut, Beefeater) within steps of the hotel. The room was an average size. the bathroom was small and clean but could do with a bit of a revamp. The shower was brilliant - really good pressure. We walked to the cricket ground from the hotel (about 40 minutes) but there is also a bus stop outside the hotel. Plenty of parking. The staff were very busy while we were there but also friendly and helpful. There are no safes in the room but there are some located by the front desk - just ask if you need one. Its about 10 mins or so from the city centre for eating out. The restaurant looked nice but we didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Scousie,

Thank you for your fantastic review! The team and I always look forward to the cricket events held at Trent Bridge as the atmosphere around the hotel is fantastic and I'm delighted we were able to provide a positive experience during your recent visit. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Paul Bentham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip over four nights and over all the hotel is pretty good, with some things needing revised. The staff that I came into contact with seemed very nice and friendly, some times a bit over bearing in the restaurant. Room was nice and kept to a high standard that I would not really fault at all: clean, tidy well maintained. Fresh towels every day and clean bathroom. The restaurant menu is a big downfall, really big shame. It actually made me consider giving a 3 (average) review. The choice is very poor and considering the price that is listed is really not justified at all. Food that I had was of ok quality but the choice must be improved. The WiFi that is offered is laughable and the fact that most people have to actually pay for it is an insult, had it not been complementary during my stay I would most definitely have demanded a refund - the reception is poor and speed is truly horrific. I advise anyone considering paying for WiFi to only do so if you are desperate. Free parking was a big win and the location to Nottingham is great technically you could walk to the city centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Riptide14,

Thank you for your detailed review. We launched our new menu last month and since its launch we have received mixed reviews. Because of this we are currently in the process of adapting the menu which I hope will tick all the right boxes for the majority of our guests. The new menu will offer much more choice and we have tried to be as competitive as possible on price. As mentioned in one of my previous replies we have recently performed diagnostics tests on our newly installed internet system and we have identified a need to add additional access points to increase coverage across the hotel. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the above points however please rest assured that your feedback is being used to improve the service we offer.

Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome back again soon.

Clare, South Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for two nights at the hotel. It was lovely and spacious and very clean. Despite being close to road we were not troubled by road noise. The lift was pretty slow but the staff were friendly and helpful.
We tried to extend our stay by one night but they were over booked. The staff were most apologetic. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trenny13
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Trenny13,

Thank you for your fantastic review following your recent stay. We work extremely hard to ensure that we maintain high standards across the whole hotel and it’s very comforting to read your feedback. I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate your request to extend your stay, however I’m really pleased that you'll stay with us again the next time you’re in the area. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean, spacious, friendly staff, good facilities, nice meals, quiet and a Starbucks and snuggly sofas. Very slow wifi tho which isn't all that great. Also bizarrely, no soap etc in the bathroom, only shower cream in the shower.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Boofie
Dear Boofie,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We really focus on delivering the best possible guest experience and it gives me great confidence in the team when we receive such encouraging feedback. I can confirm that soap should be available in each bathroom throughout the hotel, I will investigate why this wasn’t the case during your visit and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We are also currently monitoring our new internet system and we have identified a need to add additional access points to increase coverage across the hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed our new Starbucks lounge and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed here for one night ahead of working in the city the next day.

The hotel is situated in the Marina area, along with a number of chain restaurants, other hotels, and a supermarket. From the outside, it had all the hallmarks of an office building. However, once inside, the lobby soon disabused one of that opinion, being the usual, plush, Holiday Inn fare.

Check in was efficient and prompt, and I was soon in my room. The room was large and was well-equipped, albeit not as recently refurbished as some Holiday Inns in which I've previously stayed.

The lift was a little on the slow side; at times, it would have been quicker to catch a lift from a diseased snail. However, it did it's job, eventually. The air-con in my room also wasn't working, insofar as the room didn't cool down, a fact made clear upon returning to the lobby where the air-con was working well.

I would be more than happy to return, if staying in Nottingham again. Indeed, had it not been fully booked, I would have booked in for the following week had it not been fully booked. Service from every member of staff was exemplary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear BigWoo,

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay. We all take great pride in delivering excellent service and creating a home from home experience and I’m really pleased that this has come across during your recent visit. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the relevant departments. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air-conditioning issue you encountered, our maintenance department has been informed and I’m glad that this didn’t detract from an overall enjoyable stay.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We were put up here for two nights whilst we had to attend clinics for two days at Nottingham City hospital. All the staff were lovely & attentive. The rooms were immaculately clean & the soap had a lovely scent. Breakfast on both mornings were really well cooked & tasty. We sat in a relaxed atmosphere, waiting staff were all friendly & carried out their duties efficiently. Nothing was too much trouble, will certainly look to stay here again when we next have to visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Joy F,

Thank you for your kind comments. We have recently upgraded our breakfast buffet offering and I’m pleased to hear such encouraging feedback. We work tirelessly to ensure that we deliver the best customer experience as possible and it is very rewarding to read your comments. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to all of the team. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed one night with my wife and ten year old son in a double room. Room was very clean, modern, and comfortable. But what made this Holiday Inn stand out was the service. It was truly above and beyond. The manager on duty, a young lady named Tracy, helped our family with a laundry issue. Laundry service was offered on the weekdays, but we had just missed it and as we had been traveling for days and would not see a washing machine for another week, desperately needed it. Tracy immediately found a solution and took care of us. But it wasn't just the laundry issue; she offered advice for anything we needed. I felt taken care at a level far exceeding the price of this hotel. It was our best experience of any hotel of our two week sojourn through England.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles H
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Charles H,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It gives me great pleasure to read your comments and I will certainly be passing on your praise to Tracy as I’m sure she’ll be over the moon with your feedback. We’ve spent a lot of time over the past few months focusing on customer experience and I’m glad you felt well looked after by the team. Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.