“Good location”

Ranked #17 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A couple of minutes in a taxi to the Lace Market, this Holiday Inn is in a good location. Can be expensive though depending on when booked. Rooms are good quality, parking good. Couple of local pubs and retail park in walking distance. Nice walk along canal into Nottingham. Our place to stay when visiting Nottingham.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Dean B,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. Our proximity to the city centre, various local pubs and retail park is something that more and more of our guests are commenting on and I’m glad that our location enhanced your recent stay. I’m very happy to read that we are your preferred venue when visiting Nottingham and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Paul Bentham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is modern and conveniently located for the city as well as the University. Reception staff were very courteous and helpful. The previous owner of the 1st room I was allocated, was clearly ignorant or unable to comprehend the no smoking rule, despite the signs as you exited the lift at each floor stating that the hotel is a smoke free property. As soon as I opened the room door I could smell the residual odour of cigarette smoke. I wend back to reception who immediately allocated me another room.

The rooms are clean and of adequate size. I particularly like the Holiday Inn feature of a choice of soft or firm pillows on the bed. There are tea an coffee making facilities as well as hair dryer, iron and ironing board. The room could benefit from a safe to keep valuables in. The air conditioning was effective and kept the room at a suitable temperature, without being too noisy.

The bathroom has a good size mirror, but the additional shaving mirror was located immediately above the toilet. So I to stand over the toilet to shave. Unfortunately the shower hose was spilt at the joint with the bath mixer tap and at least half the available water was not getting to the shower.

The restaurant has a varied menu and the service was very quick and efficient. Breakfast offered a good selection of cooked and continental. Although the melon did have a lot of seeds in the bowl, which is not necessary.

Overall the stay was good and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear valley1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. It’s fantastic to hear that you not only found our staff helpful but that you would have no hesitation to recommend our property. We pride ourselves on having a great team here at Holiday Inn Nottingham.

I’m sorry you experienced an issue with smoke smells, unfortunately from time to time this does happen. I am glad we were able to move you to an alternative room for your stay.

One of our main aims is to provide a comfortable, quality night’s sleep and as you say, the choice of soft or firm pillows on the bed helps provide that.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here to save time in the morning, very friendly reception as a mistake had been made by me, sorted quickly. Room 332' very nice, quick drink in the small but nice bar area, didn't eat as arrived late. Good parking, good location in the city, but I do know my way round Nottingham!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear 535PeterS535,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you found the team to be friendly and accommodating during your stay. I hope the next time you’re in the area you’ll have enough time to sample our new restaurant menu as I’d love to hear your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend, lovely walk along the canal into the city. Easy and cheap taxi journey to and from the centre. Delicious and relaxed breakfast.

Frustrating not havingy plug sockets next to the bed for phones and no free WiFi.

Overall great stay apart from WiFi.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Emma M,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit. Our proximity to the city centre has received some great feedback over the past few months and I’m glad to read that our location enhanced your recent stay. We currently offer complimentary 24/7 WiFi access in all of our public areas across the hotel, and we will be looking to extend this offering to include guestroom coverage soon. I’m pleased you we’re able to have a relaxing stay with us and I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Whilst this isn't in the centre of Nottingham, it's only a short walk of about 15mins along the canal to get to the station. The hotel had a fast, friendly, checkin/out. There is parking on site with a coded-barrier exit. The hotel is opposite a Sainsbury's with a late night petrol station and cashpoint. The room I stayed in was large, clean, and air conditioned. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Stayed July 2014
Dear ianedmunds,

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay. I must say that we feel very lucky to be located in such an ideal location for both our corporate and leisure guests. One of our main aims is to provide a comfortable, quality night’s sleep and I’m extremely happy to receive such positive feedback.

Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Nottingham recently for 3 nights during a trip to Trent Bridge. The hotel is situated on a retail park with a Sainsburys and some restaurants (Harvester, Pizza Hut, Beefeater) within steps of the hotel. The room was an average size. the bathroom was small and clean but could do with a bit of a revamp. The shower was brilliant - really good pressure. We walked to the cricket ground from the hotel (about 40 minutes) but there is also a bus stop outside the hotel. Plenty of parking. The staff were very busy while we were there but also friendly and helpful. There are no safes in the room but there are some located by the front desk - just ask if you need one. Its about 10 mins or so from the city centre for eating out. The restaurant looked nice but we didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Nottingham, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Scousie,

Thank you for your fantastic review! The team and I always look forward to the cricket events held at Trent Bridge as the atmosphere around the hotel is fantastic and I'm delighted we were able to provide a positive experience during your recent visit. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip over four nights and over all the hotel is pretty good, with some things needing revised. The staff that I came into contact with seemed very nice and friendly, some times a bit over bearing in the restaurant. Room was nice and kept to a high standard that I would not really fault at all: clean, tidy well maintained. Fresh towels every day and clean bathroom. The restaurant menu is a big downfall, really big shame. It actually made me consider giving a 3 (average) review. The choice is very poor and considering the price that is listed is really not justified at all. Food that I had was of ok quality but the choice must be improved. The WiFi that is offered is laughable and the fact that most people have to actually pay for it is an insult, had it not been complementary during my stay I would most definitely have demanded a refund - the reception is poor and speed is truly horrific. I advise anyone considering paying for WiFi to only do so if you are desperate. Free parking was a big win and the location to Nottingham is great technically you could walk to the city centre.

Dear Riptide14,

Thank you for your detailed review. We launched our new menu last month and since its launch we have received mixed reviews. Because of this we are currently in the process of adapting the menu which I hope will tick all the right boxes for the majority of our guests. The new menu will offer much more choice and we have tried to be as competitive as possible on price. As mentioned in one of my previous replies we have recently performed diagnostics tests on our newly installed internet system and we have identified a need to add additional access points to increase coverage across the hotel. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the above points however please rest assured that your feedback is being used to improve the service we offer.

Hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome back again soon.