“Average Experience Overall”

Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a Privilege King room for £60 over bank holiday. Room was very spacious, clean with excellent facilities. Very large comfortable bed. Fast wifi. Good air con. Hotel need to provide more large towels in room though. Reception staff were always very professional. Location is central so excellent for shopping and bars but exceptionally noisy into the small hours if surrounding bars are open (potentially until 4am at weekend). Free ear plugs are provided (and did cut sound) but I found them uncomfortable. My partner didn't mind them and is a heavy sleeper anyway. Parked at Lace Market Car Park. This was £10 if the ticket has been validated by the hotel and is a five minute walk away.

Breakfast (£9.95) was very disappointing. Hot counter was not kept stocked up (it was very quiet and there was plenty of staff). Not offered tea or coffee or told about provisions.

Think if you stayed during the week and the breakfast staff were on top of things, then this would be an excellent stay. If you are staying at the weekend, then I am sure there are quieter central hotels so you could balance location with a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time writing your review.

We have received all of your comments and taken these on-board. I will be sure to pass these comments over to our restaurant and breakfast department.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again shortly.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is lovely, in a great location, perfect for shopping, work, food and sightseeing.

However it's the staff of this hotel that make it so special. From the lovely guys and girls at reception, housekeeping, maintenance, chefs, lee and the fab crew in F&B/conferencing,I cannot fault any of them. Outstanding customer service, the personal touch is great. Ever single person you walk by says hi...that's something you don't get in a lot of hotels.

Outstanding!

• Stayed: August 2014
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time writing your review. I was delighted to read that you had such an outstanding stay here with us at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel.

I will pass your comments over to our hardworking staff who ensure your stay is always memorable.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night last week.. The rooms are small but it's all very clean and comfortable, the whole hotel is very neat and tidy.
Great location for restaurants and bars. Make sure you look on their website before so you know where to park as the hotel doesn't have it's own parking facility

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time writing your review. I was glad to read that overall you had a pleasant experience here with us at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel.

We do highly recommend that all guests visit our website www.mercurenottingham.com for parking information. Nottingham’s one-way system can be quite troublesome to those who are unfamiliar with it.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have used this hotel on several occasions and have never been disappointed. The location is very good. Just in the lace market. Car parking is just around the corner and the hotel will give you a discounted ticket, so make sure you mention this when checking out. Our room overlooked the main street outside. This was a little noisy with all the young people enjoying themselves but did not bother us. We used the bar for a couple drinks before retiring to our room. The room was quite spacious with a good bed and an excellent double shower. We will be using this hotel on our next visit to Nottingham.

2  Thank PeteLoughborough
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time to write your review. I was delighted to read that you have such a good experience here with us at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again shortly for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My stay in the Mercure Nottingham was by far my worst experience in a hotel that i have experienced for a long time. I booked a suite for the only reason that it had a Kingsize bed and I wanted a good nights sleep because I had a very important business presentation the next day. When I went to bed I found that the king size bed was 2 single beds put together as one and the gap between the two was so annoying that I was up half the night. When I complained i was told that this was the only king size bed in the whole of the hotel that was made up of two singles and I was very unlucky. Glad to know that the most expensive room at the hotel had the worst bed. To top it off the breakfast was horrible with overcooked eggs that had been sitting in the buffet dish for too long (this was at 7:30 am), the coffee was in the back and the staff did not inform me that you had to get your own coffee, When I asked them if I could have a coffee they just pointed to the back of the room and told me to help myself rather than get me the first cup especially as I was the only person in the restaurant. The night before was Leeds Mercure Hotel which was excellent and the following night was in Bristol Mercure which was superb. Shame with the inconsistency.

Room Tip: Don't book the King Size bedroom suite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to read that your stay at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel did not meet your expectations.

Many of our rooms have zip and link beds, including the majority of our privilege rooms. Most hotels have zip and link beds as this enables hotels to meet the needs and requirements of our guests. Having zip and link beds allow us to have many of our rooms double or twinned on demand depending on the individual needs and requirements of our guest.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great room, very clean, centrally located, decent breakfast. Lots of complementary extras which included free soft drinks in the mini bar, toiletries, use of coffee maker, dressing gowns & slippers. Thank you Alex (bar-man) for getting in our car & directing us to the car-park, otherwise we were ready to give up & go home.

Getting through Nottingham one-way system was a nightmare. Car-park a 2min walk away but 10mins by car if you DON'T lose your way through the fairy ring of one-way streets, a lot longer if you do (& you will!). Shower was rather weak for an otherwise high standard deluxe room. No mirror close to power points, which was ok for the hair-dryer provided (it had a very long cord) but useless for my hair straighteners. No outside seating area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time writing your review. I was glad to read that overall you have a pleasant experience with us at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel.

I was especially glad to read that you enjoyed the benefits of our upgraded room categories.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location for shopping, sight seeing and a night out. Rooms are as to be expected - typical Mercure, we had a superior as I read that other rooms are small. Couldn't really fault this hotel. Didnt have food here as there are so many places on its doorstep.

Room Tip: Book Superior
2  Thank Marie H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review. I was glad to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Mercure Nottingham City Centre Hotel.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the near future.