“Good groupon deal.”

Ye Old Salutation Inn
Ranked #20 of 134 Nightlife in Nottingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Drink a toast to Robin Hood and his merry band at this charming historic pub.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Along with several other couples we had a good lunchtime meal here. No problem at all with Group-on. Good food, especially the main course freshly cooked. It's not a standard pub chain meal and does take a little longer to arrive. The young lady who was looking after everything was jusr great!

2  Thank Charles_and_Susan

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My parents, myself and my fiance visited this establishment last week, and it was truly dire. Besides being dirty, with unhelpful staff who were adamant that no Groupon vouchers would be accepted (despite the deal STILL being available from groupon a week later), the food was just terrible. I ordered the King charles burger, which when it arrived made a squelching noise from all the grease, the 'pattie' was basically lumps of burnt mince. Not nice at all. The only edible item on the plate were the hash browns.
I received my meal first, then 15 mins later, my Mom received her meal, which was steak &chips. The steak was as well done as I've ever seen, It looked like a piece of varnished teak. Needless to say, it was inedible.
A further 15 mins later my fiances bangers and mash arrived, which was drowning in gravy. Other than that, it was at least edible.
Some 45 minutes after my burger was served, my father finally received his fish and chips The batter was soggy from the amount of oil it contained, and also the skin had not been removed. It was a mess to look at. How a 'cook' could be satisfied serving up meals of such poor quality I cannot fathom. Avoid ! Avoid! Avoid! Nottingham has so many better offerings, don't waste your time or money with this dive.

4  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Went for first ever one to one pint with nephew. Excellent choice of beers and food though first item my nephew chose was not available. Helpful , friendly staff . Meal took a while though time acceptable and quality good. Beer in excellent condition and discount for CAMRA member. Pub pleasantly full but not overcrowded and good atmosphere made for excellent night.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went for a groupon meal deal. The food was OK (not great) apart from one meal - fish tasted like soap! However there was only one girl serving in the whole place, no record of our booking, and the building was cold and very basic! Would not go back :-(

3  Thank Maureen C
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We went here during the day expecting to be welcomed with warmth and character. It was such a let down. The building is very quirky from the outside and even on the inside at a glance, however in this sort of establishment, i would have expected a roaring open fire. The fireplaces were still there, but in place was an old tatty electric fire.

The beer was ok, and they did do a discount for CAMRA members. This appears to be a biker pub and i am not a snob, but it was full of chavs.

4  Thank Matt1001