I think the hotel has seen better days when you drive by. it's on the corner of a busy street and doesn't really look that pleasant from the outside. When we arrived at the inside the person behind the counter was very friendly and let us stash our luggage (unfortunately we weren't allowed to get to our rooms because we arrived at 13:00 instead of 14:00). The overall stay was average. not even good for a 3 star hotel but just average. The following + and - points apply to this hotel from my perspective.
+ The breakfast is good ( a bit greasy).
+ The staff is friendly
+ the rooms are clean
- There is no air conditioning or even a fan on the room. So the choice is to keep the window open with load noises or to keep it closed and get cooked in your hotel room.
- No curtains, only blinds which don't really help and still let a lot of light thru.
- The room has seen better days with age stains in the carpet, the bathroom with things broken and all sides of the bath have like 5 to 6 layers of kit to the sides.
- It has a bar, but only for beer and soft drinks. First we tried to get something to eat and they told us the restaurant isn't open (according to their menu it's open Mo-Su and we where there on a Saturday). After that we tried to order a espresso and a coffee. Even that wasn't possible because the coffee lady wasn't there (what??? no coffee because you don't know how the coffee machine works?)
- The girl behind the counter almost charged us double for the rooms because she didn't see that we paid in advance and luckily the manager intervened. we also needed to leave a deposit of 20 pounds on our creditcard just in case (first time for me after staying at many hotels when i prepay)
- The lift is way too small to fit three persons and it states a max of six. on the last day the lift to the sixth floor didn't work and we had to walk down (only one of two lifts go to the sixth floor).
- They serve breakfast until 09:30 which is fine. The problem is that they made a deal with one of the carparks nearby that you can exit for 7.50 inf you arrive after 17:00 and leave before 09:00. Because we needed to get our suitcases from the room and then checked out at 09:05 we had to pay 2 pounds extra (9,50) because we would arrive after 09:00 at the carpark. I would suggest making a better deal with the carpark for your customers because this felt like a ripoff for the extra 5min.
Overall i would not recommend this hotel or visit it in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Strathdon Hotel - Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strathdon Hotel Nottingham