“I wouldn't stay anywhere else”

Strathdon Hotel - Nottingham
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a modest and unassuming hotel in a convenient city centre location. It's not the Ritz, the rooms are on the small side and a tiny bit dated. However, the customer service is superb, the breakfast hearty and above all this hotel is great value for money. I've stayed at the Premier Inn and the Strathdon is every bit as good in my opinion at half the price. My room was meticulously clean, comfortable and warm and I had a good night's sleep. If your expectations are reasonable you should be very pleased with your stay here!

2  Thank EH4658
There are newer reviews for Strathdon Hotel - Nottingham

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our stay was alright but we didn't get the full deal we signed up for. We should have had two course meal both nights but the manager mixed our deal up with another deal.
On returning home I reviewed my deal to discover we should hve had dinner the second night. I called the Strathdon to complain. The receptionist said she would pass on my complaint but I never heard anymore.
The choice in the bar for food was quite limited.
Room was sufficient for our needs. And was clean but our window looked out on heating outlets and extraction fans.
I would probably return just because it was very convenient to where my son lives!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joise_mmitch
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed for a night after finding it cheap at £32 for a standard double.

Huge clean bed, dated but clean room. Possibly the oldest lift ever made, which manages to racket constantly throughout the night but never turn up on time.

However this was a minor issue in what was an amazing deal.

Room Tip: Away from the lift!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have used this hotel for a number of years as a base for regular reunions. We have always got a good deal and a very generous and tasty breakfast is a snip at £7.50. The rooms are a little dated but comfortable and the lifts the slowest in the world. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the city centre location great. Good value.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 23rd as I was attending a concert at Rock City, there is no parking at the hotel however the receptionist kindly gave me adequate directions to the discounted car park approximately 7 minutes walk away.
I found my room quite small, very outdated and old fashioned however it was great for the purpose I needed it for. The shower was warm and the facilities were nice and clean.
I didn't eat at the hotel thereby cannot comment.
From what I experienced at the hotel it was great for value and purpose and I would consider staying there in future.

1  Thank Jess136
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for one night as price was only £32.40 with booking.com. Usually stay at Ibis or Ramadan, but they wanted over £50.
We thought this hotel was on the main roundabout, but it was actually a few hundred yards further up. As we were coming back late at night from the arena, I was a little nervous at walking this little stretch.
Rooms were as others have stated smallish, but clean and adequate.
The thing that I have a bee in my bonnet over is having to leave a £20 deposit through my debit card, when I have already pre paid. I do no like leaving my card details unnecessarily and I thought this was unnecessary as there was no mini bar and we didn't intend to use the facilities anyway as we were out all day. I have stayed at many different budget hotels and the only one that I have known to do this is Novotel in Sheffield, which because of this I would not stay in again. Shame on the management for not trusting the guests.
Although I would never stay here again because of the card issue, it was very adequate and good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank jadeg100
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is cheap for a city centre location, clean and functional. My room was small, needed refurbishing but was good value. Staff were polite and breakfast was fine. Overall, a functional hotel in a good location. Don't expect luxury, but well worth considering.

1  Thank Notts01