“Awkward parking arrangements, but nice hotel”

Strathdon Hotel - Nottingham
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Had a 2 night stay with breakfast & 1 evening meal as part of a KGB (I think) deal. The hotel website asks people to go to the hotel where they'll get directions to the car park where you can get a discount. However, unless you've got a lot of luggage I'm not sure why! The car park is the Euro Car Park on Upper Parliament St. - just drive straight on past the hotel & you'll see the sign for the car park. About a 5 minute walk away. When you leave, the hotel put your ticket in a machine which ensures you get the discount at the paystation (£8.60 a day - normal price £13.00).
As for the hotel itself, we had a very good stay. The location is very central - can walk everywhere. Whilst the room was a little on the small side, it was nicely furnished & very clean. We were on the 2nd floor & the free wifi worked pretty well. Breakfast was nice as was the evening meal (the steak was very very good). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lettyger

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Booked this hotel for myself and a friend for her birthday, to go out in Notts and stay over. Some people told me it was a budget hotel and not to expect too much, but how wrong they were! Room was immaculately clean, beds very comfy, tea and coffee facilities, wifi was good. Plenty big enough. Downstairs, very clean lobby and bar areas. Breakfast couldnt have been better! Staff very friendly and helpful, helping with directions etc. Very good price, right in centre. I have no complaints at all and will go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DonnaGadsby
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a modest and unassuming hotel in a convenient city centre location. It's not the Ritz, the rooms are on the small side and a tiny bit dated. However, the customer service is superb, the breakfast hearty and above all this hotel is great value for money. I've stayed at the Premier Inn and the Strathdon is every bit as good in my opinion at half the price. My room was meticulously clean, comfortable and warm and I had a good night's sleep. If your expectations are reasonable you should be very pleased with your stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank EH4658
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our stay was alright but we didn't get the full deal we signed up for. We should have had two course meal both nights but the manager mixed our deal up with another deal.
On returning home I reviewed my deal to discover we should hve had dinner the second night. I called the Strathdon to complain. The receptionist said she would pass on my complaint but I never heard anymore.
The choice in the bar for food was quite limited.
Room was sufficient for our needs. And was clean but our window looked out on heating outlets and extraction fans.
I would probably return just because it was very convenient to where my son lives!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joise_mmitch
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed for a night after finding it cheap at £32 for a standard double.

Huge clean bed, dated but clean room. Possibly the oldest lift ever made, which manages to racket constantly throughout the night but never turn up on time.

However this was a minor issue in what was an amazing deal.

Room Tip: Away from the lift!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have used this hotel for a number of years as a base for regular reunions. We have always got a good deal and a very generous and tasty breakfast is a snip at £7.50. The rooms are a little dated but comfortable and the lifts the slowest in the world. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the city centre location great. Good value.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 23rd as I was attending a concert at Rock City, there is no parking at the hotel however the receptionist kindly gave me adequate directions to the discounted car park approximately 7 minutes walk away.
I found my room quite small, very outdated and old fashioned however it was great for the purpose I needed it for. The shower was warm and the facilities were nice and clean.
I didn't eat at the hotel thereby cannot comment.
From what I experienced at the hotel it was great for value and purpose and I would consider staying there in future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends