Strathdon Hotel - Nottingham
US$80
  • Breakfast included
US$53
Agoda.com
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$61
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalbert halltrouser pressdouble glazingbed was comfortablehen partytea and coffee facilitiesan ironcentral locationfantastic staybooked this hotelfull englishhairdryeressentialsdiscotheatretwin
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here with some friends. The location is spot on, within walking distance of the town centre and all the local watering holes you want. The hotel itself is dated and the rooms were small, but they are what they are. Our shower was cold one night and warm the next, I think it is dependent on when the water tanks are filled up. The wireless is great on the first couple of floors but not on the sixth floor where it is non-existent. Parking is not on-site so you have a couple of nearby 24 hour car parks to use, though not ideal it wasn't too much bother. On the plus the staff are great, friendly, helpful and polite. They happily looked after us and nothing was too much trouble. The sports bar is a good size, with Large TVs, a pool table and a sofa area to relax in; prices in the bar are reasonable. Breakfast was a good selection of continental or English choices, so whatever tickles your fancy was on show. As said I stayed here with some friends, but admittedly if I had to come back to Nottingham with my family I would find prefer to find somewhere else to stay, but if I came back with some friends we would go back here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BRMAD
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in June for 6 nights as I was in the area on business and wanted to be near the centre. The hotel is tired and dated and in desperate need of updating. The room was filthy, the matress had stains on it, the pillows were brown with sweat marks and there was no protector on the bed, the waldrobe was covered in dust and there was no air con in the room. I tried to open the windows but it was too noisy. The breakfast was limited and there was no buffet, it was made to order and usually you had to hang around and wait while they prepared it, this was not good as I had meetings to go to. The front door was kept locked after 11 pm at nights, usually there were only one member of staff on duty and he would be doing everything including running the bar and other dutie, as well as looking after the reception area, so you had to ring the bell and again hang around outside till he was available to open the door. I did complain to the duty manager but he said there was nothing he could do as the hotel was fully booked. I have written to the general manager and I am awaiting for a reply. It was not a very good experience for me as a first time visitor and I would recommend to others that they don't go by the pictures and information you see on the internet, sometimes it's worth paying a bit more, that way you stand a good chance of getting a better hotel and you might not have the unfortunate experience I had.

Room Tip: I don't know how I could advise anyone, the only thing I found which was not negative is the small double room is a good size and could hold 2 people other than that there is nothing else I can say about this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lorna G
Reviewed 12 June 2014

stayed here with my 13 year old daughter at the end of May for one night,we wanted a hotel very close to the theatre royal as we were seeing a show as I didn't fancy walking far in Notts on a saturday night with a 13 year old daughter.This hotel ticks all the boxes if you want a cheap basic hotel really close to the city centre, it was very clean, staff were super friendly ... cant see why its getting some crap reviews.... all I can say is if you are a NORMAL down to earth person ,and not a super moaner like half these folks who have written these reviews, book this hotel with confidence as its a good place to stay. Oh and a big thanx to Rebecca on reception who was really great at checking us in and looking after us so well...Thanx guys we really enjoyed our stay with you and you will be our first choice if we visit Notts again xx

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ermineangel
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked to stay here for 1 night as going to a concert in the city, and were not impressed at all! The air con didn't work so as it was quite stuffy we opened the windows, but couldnt do this when we wanted to go to sleep as our room was right next to a very noisy road (even though i had specifically requested a quiet room on the booking). We found the staff to be abit unfriendly and confused with some booking details, and did not have much confidence in the lifts at all! The hot water was more luke warm and there was no slip-mat for the bath (even though there was a sign up insisting one was used for safety?!) The only positives were the location and the strong wi-fi connection in the room.
Needless to stay we didnt have breakfast at the hotel, we went to the local Wetherspoons and had 2 yummy full English's for less than £8 :) (Instead of £10 per person at the hotel).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Ignore all these negative opinions on this hotel. I'm a fussy person and I thought the hotel was brilliant! The only downfall (for me) was that it was very hot. Had a cracking night stay here and the buffet breakfast is brilliant , young lady behind reception was the most helpful person ever. Definitely will be returning here!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends