Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$53
Agoda.com
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Priceline
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$86
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$60
1,761 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkcity centresteam roomexecutive roomspa facilitiesbottled waterhen doconcert halltheatre royalone way systembar areareception staffsat navstayed here for one nightsaturday nighttram stop
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We were going to a gig in Rock City (Talbot Street) so I chose a hotel close by. Parked in the hotel car park (undercover, £12 per night) and checked straight in (around 3pm on a Fri afternoon). Pleasant check-in. Hotel nicely decorated for Xmas. Complimentary small bottle of water each in room, tea / coffee and biscuits and shampoo, shower gel / cap. No problem if you want more, just call Reception or Housekeeping. They also offer complimentary toothbrush, sanitary goods etc if you've forgotten yours. Good shower, very comfy bed. £60 for a double, room only. Pay for car parking on check out, they will give you a receipt which you insert into machine at barrier on departure. You can leave the car park when you like. We checked out around 11 but didn't leave Nottingham until 3pm. Didn't use the restaurant, bar or gym. Everywhere clean and tidy, fresh flowers dotted around. Staff very polite and helpful. Main shops are around 10 min walk away, eateries around 5 min away.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got room 700 which is furthest away from lift and only 1 neighbour. There are 8 floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Deaqr bluelizard,

Thank you for your recent review and your great comments regarding all aspects of your stay.

I trust you enjoyed the gig at Rock city and hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 16 November 2011

This hotel is located in Nottingham city centre and is close to a number of bars and nightclubs. I arrived very late on a Friday evening so it was probably not the best time to form an opinion about the hotel. I had telephoned ahead to alert the staff that I was running late and my room keycard was waiting my arrival.

I had booked a club room and these are located on the 8th floor. I had to step over someone from a neighbouring room who was crashed out on the floor (but as I mentioned - this was late on a Friday evening). The room (801) was a good size with floor to ceiling windows, a large bathroom and two easy chairs and a king size bed. The bedding was to a good standard.

As it was after 11pm I had thought the Club Lounge (also on the 8th floor) would be closed but was pleased to find it was still open. Shame though that the machine for the hot drinks was playing up and produced a rather dishwater style hot chocolate.

The hotel recognizes that its central location may be disturbing and provides ear plugs - although I didn't need them. I was so tired from a long long day that I enjoyed a good night's sleep. I had a continental breakfast in the Club Lounge which was more than adequate.

Check out was a little odd: no questions about having enjoyed my stay or how was everything. Just a simple: have you a car in the car park to which the answer yes gives rise to a £12 parking charge.

Although my Club Room was large I noticed when booking the hotel that the standard rooms were rather small. The Club Room was worth the small premium (even with the neighbouring guests lying across the corridor floor).

There are numerous hotels in Nottingham and no doubt some of the newer hotels have better facilities - the Crowne Plaza is an older hotel (feels like 1970s) and therefore the rooms are small but it is located in the city centre, has a car park attached and a health club with swimming pool. Value wise, I couldn't complain.

Room Tip: Choose a Club Room on the 8th floor - king bed rooms are larger than the standard and have great views.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Dear WB3,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our club floor facilities. I am sorry that the drinks machine in the club lounge wasn’t functioning correctly. I will ensure that the team checks this more regularly.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Great location for pubbing and clubbing being right in the the heart of the city, good Indian restaurant right out side the back door (open till 3am). Hotel clean and friendly with a couple of bars and restaurants and a great buffet style breakfast. Good gym with a nice heated indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna. Then up to your luxury room with en suite which includes tea-coffee making facilities, mini bar, flat screen TV, Air con, hair dryer and press. Then get ready for a great night out with plenty of bars and clubs within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: There are mini rooms and standard witch are bigger.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul B
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Dear Pauluz21,

Thank you for you review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed every part of your stay and in particular the team, Leisure club & breakfast.

Once again thank you and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have give the hotel an overall average due to the price tag of £149 per night, but I want to stress that if the hotel was around £100 per night it would have got excellent. In my mind Average is exactly what I would expect for the money, nothing more nothing less.

We chose the Crowne Plaza for a few night away with the kids in a family room. The main reason for this hotel was its central location and if you want to explore Nottingham it's perfect.

On the negative point the hotel is a little tired and the air conditioning was noisy. If I'm going to be really picky the room was small for 2 adults and two children but it is a city centre hotel.

On the positive side the staff were incredibly friendly and the breakfast was pretty good.

I would definitely stay here again because the location is perfect and the experience is as expected. Had I been lucky/timely enough to get a better rate it would have scored 'Very Good' or perhaps even 'Excellent'.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear BusinessandLeisure99

Thank you for your recent review.

It was particularly pleasing to read that you would definitely return to the hotel and you found the team incredibly friendly as that is something we pride ourselves on at the hotel.

If you are looking to return we do have some great rates on offer so as soon as you know your date please check our website

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been in this hotel 5 nights for business. I had room 707 (7th fllor). It is a double bedroom (used as single). The room is very comfortable for one person, maybe a bit small for two persons. The breakfast (included in the room rent) was very good: buffet of typical English breakfast and continental as well. The room was pretty clean and the personnell polite. There is a swimming pool, but I didn't use and neither visited.
The only thing that I complain about is the use of internet: it is not free and it costs a lot to connect wireless my laptop. In this kind of hotel it WOULD BE free!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Axel_VI
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear Axel_Vi,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular you found the room comfortable & clean and enjoyed the breakfast.

As you are aware we do charge for wifi, however we do have vouchers for customers just wanting 30 minutes access to check mail etc which we are currently offering complimentary.

Once again thank you for your review