“Excellent location - excellent service - nice experience”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stayed here on Buisness with people from work.
It was a £4 taxi fare from the railway station.
As a venue for our course it was excellent and the staff were very warm welcoming and looked after us all very well from breakfast, lunch, evening meals and through the course too.
The rooms were clean, quiet, warm.
The rooms were a bit too warm at times and the pillows are a bit big but maybe I'm nit picking lol
:-)
Overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear THEDOCTOR,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience,

It was so pleasing to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and in particular your comments regarding our team. I know it may be a little biased but I truly believe that it is the friendliness and helpfulness of our team members that make our guests stay enjoyable and comfortable.

I hope you found your course productive and also hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Natalia Dainty

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have now been staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nottingham for well over a year - ever since my job began to bring me to Nottingham on a regular basis. I would not dream of changing my choice of hotel. The room is always clean and by comfortableand the breakfast is always superb.
The staff could not be more aware of their customers and are attentive to a degree; nothing is too much trouble. I thoroughly recommend the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Dear GortonGirl,

Thank you so much for you review.

It is so pleasing to read your positive comments regarding the hotel and our team. We pride ourselves on our high service levels and friendliness of our team members so it means so much when they receive such praise as yours. I will certainly share your comments with all the team.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Natalia Dainty

Reviewed 10 September 2012

stayed over the weekend and everything was spot on, 3rd time i've stayed there and never disappointed. You really can't go wrong with their breakfasts! Great service again - especially from Lydia at check in and Sean at breakfast. Thanks to all

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Chloe N,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was so pleasing to read your comments about breakfast and in particular your praise for Sean and Lydia. We discuss our reviews daily with the team who are very passionate about the service they provide and are also very proud when they get a mention. I will make sure Sean and Lydia are recognised for their great service.

Once again thank you for your review and continued loyalty, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations manager

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Any readers of my other reviews will know that I had a bad experience at a Crowne Plaza in Reading recently when on a family trip however I am pleased to report that Nottingham Crowne Plaza did their best to restore my confidence in the brand.

Ok this was a business stay so just me and no family so different criteria than previously and I am glad to say they ticked almost all of my boxes.

Check in - great service - pleasant greeting and efficient check in- even got rooms early as they were available (1200 hours).

Room - good sized twin room (seemed vastly larger than the "Family" room in Reading CP) twin beds which were comfy (well the one I used was !). Clean and all the facilities all great.

Breakfast - greeted politely and taken to table, some cutlery and crockery items missing on table but an apology and assurance they would sort it out whilst I was getting some breakfast. Table re-set and pot of tea delivered to table before I returned to my seat - excellent. Good buffet breakfast with nice selection despite the fact I was late in the sitting all looked fresh and appetising - CP Reading take note !

Did exactly what I wanted to as a hotel - comfy bed, good nights sleep and nice breakfast.

Great location in city centre, parking on site, and great rate including parking and breakfast.

Only one complaint - for all its faults CP Reading had free WiFi and I had assumed this was a Crowne Plaza thing - disappointed to discover WiFi is chargeable (£5 for an hour according to the poster by the lift !). Two things about this 1) As a chain there should be a uniform policy that spans the group for things like this and 2) any hotel charging for WiFi in this day and age is taking the mickey !

1  Thank Johnny G
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear JohnnyG,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was so pleasing to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. It was particularly pleasing to read your comments relating to your check in experience which also allowed you to check in early and also your breakfast. We put a lot of focus into our breakfast standards as we truly believe that it is one of the most important meals as it sets you up for the day ahead.

The team are very passionate about the service they provide and I know they will share my delight when I pass your comments on.

Regarding Wi-Fi we offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our reception and lounge areas via 30 minute vouchers at reception.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Excellent hotel with friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. One gripe. At the end of the day I want to relax with a good level of TV/Movies. This needs upgrading. Lack of channels on the TV is no excuse anymore with free view and the movie programmes at other Crown Plazas are so much better with a wide range of choice. Think of the tired business man who does not drink and wants to relax!

Dear PaulC2816,

Thank you for your recent review and in particular your comments regarding the team at the hotel. We pride ourselves on the friendliness of our team members and therefore it really does mean a lot when our guests compliment them. I will certainly share your review with the team.

I am pleased to say that we have just agreed a new contract with our television suppliers and will be replacing all televisions towards the end of this year. Not only will we have new televisions but our channels will vastly increase.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope that we have the opportunity in welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stay at this hotel about 10 times a year in the excecutive rooms on the eight floor and have always had an excellent stay. The rooms are always clean, the large beds very comfortable and have never ever been waken up during the night. The Club Lounge is an added bonus. Service at reception has always been first class and we will be returning again in the next couple of weeks. Well done Crown Plaza Nottingham !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Mark b,

Thank you so much for your review.

It was so pleasing to read that not only you enjoyed your stay but that you are one of our loyal customers that we are fortunate to welcome back throughout the year.

Your kind words mean a lot to myself and the team and as with every review I will certainly share your comments with the team and in particular reception who you mentioned.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the next few weeks

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was pre-booked by a client into this Crowne Plaza - I was last here 10 years ago when it was Moat House and I'm sad to say very little has changed. Its OK, its old and tired-looking. Rooms are furnished with a hbotch-potch of furniture. I was particularly taken with the empty mini-bar fridge which had the sign "if you'd like us to sock your mini bar please call reception" the fridge stayed on throughout despite being empty - very green!!
The bathroom is also dated, with horrible black spots in the grout and bath seal. The sink is a joke with its plug plunger device situated against the mirror surround so only a child could work it effectively. My room had no windows which could be opened so I had to rely on the AC which was noisy.
The TV was another antique from my last visit, terrible picture and sound.
I had breakfast on 2 mornings, the selection is average - fruit is particularly poor, all tinned and decanted into bowls.
Service was friendly. Although if you're parking in the hotel car park no-one tells you that there is a discounted rate but you have to pay at reception. This could have been mentioned at check in especially as I asked for directions to the car park on my arrival - from the very receptionist who checked me in.
The main observation is that this hotel's interior looks to have remained the same in the 10 years since I last visited, in this respect its a dinosaur, and I suspect that there are far more contemporary properties in Nottingham which are more stylish and enjoyable to stay in. Its a shame as it could be so much better with some investment from CP Group.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear Corporatedrama,

Thank you for your recent review.

My apologies if you felt that the hotel had not changed since your visit 10 years ago. I would like to assure you that since your prior visit the hotel has had considerable investment and refurbishment.

All of our bedrooms boast a flat screen TV which have been replaced since your prior visit, however I am pleased to say that these are going to be upgraded again towards the end of this year.

I would also like to assure you that the fruit used at breakfast is not all tined for example the melon and pineapple is chopped fresh each day.

Once again thank you for your comments