I stay here quite regularly with work and to be honest I have never had a bad experience:
- the check-in staff are very courteous and friendly,
- the food at the restaurant is 'good' for a hotel and the service is always pretty friendly,
- the breakfast has plenty of variety and the quality of the food is good,
- the gym (which has now been finished) is acceptable for a 4* hotel,
- the rooms are ok, a bit dated but all the mod-cons are in there and complimentary water is always nice!
- there is also secure parking in the adjacent multi-storey car park with direct access to the hotel lobby,
- the main selling point for me is that it is right smack bang in the middle of Nottingham with all the restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas in a short 5 min walk away from the hotel.
In short, this is a pretty good commuter hotel during the week but unless I could get a very good weekend rate, I would be wary of treating a loved one to a weekend away in Nottingham at this hotel unless you have planned not to spend much time in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Nottingham is one of the most stylish hotels in the Midlands. In the City Centre nearby many Government offices, both Universities, the Queens Medical Centre and Casinos, Crowne Plaza Nottingham has air conditioning in every bedroom plus an indoor swimming pool.Close to East Midlands Airport and the city centre attractions and shops, we have 210 bedrooms including flat screen TV's, mini bars and laptop safes (in most rooms). In addition we have a choice of bar and dining options, a leisure club and our own 600-space car park with direct access into the hotel. As the East Midland's No1 Conference and Meeting venue we offer 17 excellent rooms from a Boardroom for 6 to a conference for 400 including your own dedicated conference partner, use of Workbase and the services of our own in-house technician with the latest audio visual equipment with wireless internet access. From ancient to modern, Nottingham is the home of Robin Hood and Paul Smith, combining history with style as the East Midland's premier shopping City. Our sporting heritage is unparalleled too with Trent Bridge cricket club, 2 football teams, The National Ice Arena, Nottingham Castle and the National Watersports Centre, only a few of the great places to visit in Nottingham including the renowned nightlife. In accordance with English law this hotel is now non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nottingham Crowne Plaza