“Good location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel is in a great city centre location just north of the main market square. Rooms are small (non executive ones) but cosy. Due to its age, 1970s I suspect, the decor is a little tired. There are some niggly things such as noisy air conditioning and windows that don't open that can only contribute to a an average rating. Staff were friendly and welcoming and there is a good car park on site, unlike similar hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I suspect the higher floors are better due to the improved view and distance from the foyer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear SansomSELondon,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read that you benefited from our prime city centre location and found the team freindly during your stay. I will of course share your review with the rest of the team.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Crown Plaza sits in an almost perfect location for anyone wishing to take in Nottingham's city centre sights - everything's within walking distance. The staff are welcoming & friendly, the rooms are as good as you'd expect for a hotel of this standard, the bar is nice, the restaurant (which I didn't use) I'm told is very good & I can vouch that breakfast is awesome.

The leisure club has recently reopened, that's most certainly worth a look. The pool is large enough that serious exercise can be taken if desired, there's a jacuzzi come hot-tub thing which is rather pleasant, but the best bit for me was the steam room, which really is a steam room, not a whimpering copy of a steam room. The ice station just outside was very welcome. There are treatment rooms & various things can be booked, I wasn't staying long enough to sample anything so I can't comment on those, but they're available. Oh yes, there's a gym too, for anyone who feels the need.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Phil B,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful. It was particularly pleasing to read your kind words regarding our new spa Urban Escape.

Rest assured I will share your review with the team.

Once again thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a lovely day visiting Sherwood Forest we were hot and tired and looking forward to staying at the De Vere's hotel which would have been at a quiet location with a car park. On arrival we were informed that due to an electrical fault we would have to stay at the Crowne Plaza. When we arrived at the Crowne plaza the person at reception told us that they only had a double room and if we wanted another room we would have to pay. We had asked for a twin room at de Vere's. So I had to share the bed with my mum. Neither of us got a very good nights sleep which is not what you want from a relaxing weekend break. The room was quite small and the walls were dirty with black marks. There was also a bad smell in the room and the windows do not open. The carpet had stains on it. The view out of the window was of the air condition units. During the night there was the sound of the lift and some other guests outside the door making some noise around 4am.
Although the staff were friendly and polite I would not choose to stay here even If I planned to stay close to the city. Also we did not want to drive as it would have been difficult to find the hotel and a parking space outside the hotel. The previous day we had stayed at Jury's Inn for half the cost and found parking outside the hotel which was free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank midhath d
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Midhath d,

Thank you for your recent review.

My apologies that you did not feel you had a relaxing break. I can appreciate that being booked out of the hotel that you had pre booked was not a great start to your weekend. I can also understand your dissapointment in not getting a twin room that you had booked at the De Vere, however we never had twin rooms available so a double was reserved for you.

Rest assuured I will make sure I pick up your comments regarding the walls and carpet in your bedroom. Howevere it was pleasing to read that you found our team freindly and helpful during your stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Crowne Plaza is very disorganised. They often lose my reservation, and all the hard work that staff at the individual hotels do to please customers are undone by the hopeless staff at reservations and the loyalty programme.

I have stayed at this Crowne Plaza at least four times. It is usually good, although the dining options within the hotel are rather limited and the lobby feels like it has been abandoned as a commercial enterprise. The rooms are rather variable. On this stay, I had to move hotels because they were full and the room for which I booked had the air conditioning system on the roof directly above the room. Too loud for work and too loud for sleeping.

Room Tip: Check you are not below the air conditioner - and don't bother with loyalty points - you won'...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear R A,

Many thanks for your recent review.

My sincere apologies that you have had a problem with you reservation at the hotel and also your loyalty points. I would appreciate if you contact me directly at the hotel so we can rectify this as soon as possible.

Kind reagrds

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked this hotel as we were going to the Theatre Royal to see West Side Story and this hotel was close by - in fact it could not have been closer so we made the right choice. Just a couple of minutes walk to the centre. Also when looking for a hotel in the city we struggled to find one with parking - this one had parking @ £12 for a good 24 hours.
The staff were very helpful. We asked for an early booking in as our show was in the afternoon and this was possible. We booked a standard double room. The hotel and room were lovely. Very well looked after and very clean. The room was hot however and we struggled to get the room temperature to an even level, this was more obvious during the night when it seemed very hot and the air con was too noisy to have on.
Our room was at the back and we could hear noise from outside up to 2 - 3am, this seemed to be coming from either a niteclub or Rock City, located at the back of the building. If we stayed again we would ask for a room in another part of the hotel.
The facilities were excellent, although we were only there overnight, the breakfast was excellent, so much choice and we used the bar at night - a good atmosphere and plenty of people around.
So generally an enjoyable stay and well done to the staff all very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Sam211990,

Many thanks for your review from your recent stay.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the team very helpful. My apologies that your room was a little warm during the night and that you experienced some noise from Rock City. Should you be returning please contact us prior to your visit so we can allocate you a room on the front of the hotel.

As ever I will share your review with the rest of the team.

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights in a twin room of a very good size. The beds/mattresses were excellent and the bathroom clean with a good shower (over the bath). Bathrobes provided.Tea, coffee and biscuits as expected but also a minibar (not always available in standard hotel rooms) - not stocked but providing us with a place to cool our drinks. I really can't think of any negative comments on our stay - except that bar prices seemed high. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Public spaces attractive and well-kept. We'd recommend the hotel for your stay in Nottingham, especially as it is so central..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear IHD,

Many thanks for you recent review.

It was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, found the team friendly and helpful and in particular that you would definitely recommend us.

As ever I will make sure I share your kind words with the team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

It is never a good sign when the first thing you see on entering your room is a pack of earplugs with a notice warning you that the hotel can be noisy due to its structure and location in the centre of town. My room was on the second floor and the window was almost entirely obscured by the restaurant rook which runs alone the entire second floor. The windows do not open however the air-condition unit did work to cool the room down. The second advantage of the air-con was that the noise obscured the sound of the lift which radiated through the building. Gripe over. The staff were lovely and went out of their way to be helpful and the location is very good indeed. I probably would stay here again but would be pretty careful to get a room which was higher up the building.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor and avoid anywhere near the lift
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jo92,94,

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am sorry that you experienced a little noise disturbance from the lift during your stay. It was great however to read your comments regarding the team and that you would return to stay at the hotel, but request a higher floor. Please contact us prior to arrival so we can allocate you a higher room.

Once again thank you for your review.