“Impressive staff,good hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for work purposes.From the outset,staff were great.
Our course organiser requested a different room and the hotel obliged.Whenever things needed sorting out,it was done quickly and cheerfully.
I needed help with internet connection and staff member came to my room to help.
The room was fine,but not sure if air con was very effective-only a minor issue all things considered.
I read reviews of the hotel and really impressed that it always triggers a response.
I feel that there are people at this hotel who really know what they are doing and it's not gone unnoticed-thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Howard B

Thank you so much for your very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you found the team so helpful. I will certainly pass your comments onto them as we do genuinely care about our customers and how they feel about us as a team.

We look forward to seeing you back in Nottingham very soon.

Kindest regards

David Clements

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Very basic rooms for high prices, restaurant and drinks also highly priced,
not good value for money, location not so bad but noticed the Ramada Hotel opposite
which looked good for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: Very basic rooms not worth the price.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Neil P,

Thank you for your review.

My apologies that you felt your stay not value for money. It was good to read that you enjoyed our prime city centre location.

Once again thank you for your comments

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed as a family while in Nottingham for a show. Room was great, just what we needed. The fridge was very welcome. Beds very comfy and sofa bed for the kids perfect. Breakfast the next morning was good in their airy and modern restaurant/atrium area. Only issue was finding the place. I had previously read that it was not really visible from the road in the nightmarish one way system going around town (signage is high on the building) and that the parking was tricky to find. We ended up parking in Talbot Street car park down the street and walking to the hotel - not a huge issue, we were just relieved to have arrived after going round the system three times! If using a satnav make sure you are following for Talbot Street as you may not see the hotel from Wollaton Street. Once you find it the hotel is lovely.

Room Tip: We were given a room facing the front of the hotel and were very happy with the noise levels.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear jjcndl,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was really pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular our breakfast experience and a comfortable nights sleep.

I hope the journey wasn’t too stressful when you ended up going around the one way system more than once, as I can appreciate in a new city this can be very daunting.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On the plus side great location, gym and breakfast and the bed is comfortable.
On the negative rooms are quite small and looking jaded. air con rarely works properly so rooms can get very stuffy.
The staff are always great so this is my hotel of choice when in Notts.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. I've stayed on several floors and rooms are all the same.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Grommit41,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read your comments regarding our new Spa, Urban Escape, the team and our breakfast experience. My apologies for the problems you have experienced with air conditioning. Whilst I appreciate it will not affect your recent stay I am pleased to say that we are currently completing the last stages of our air conditioning replacement programme.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The hotel is in a great city centre location just north of the main market square. Rooms are small (non executive ones) but cosy. Due to its age, 1970s I suspect, the decor is a little tired. There are some niggly things such as noisy air conditioning and windows that don't open that can only contribute to a an average rating. Staff were friendly and welcoming and there is a good car park on site, unlike similar hotels in the area.

Room Tip: I suspect the higher floors are better due to the improved view and distance from the foyer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear SansomSELondon,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read that you benefited from our prime city centre location and found the team freindly during your stay. I will of course share your review with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Crown Plaza sits in an almost perfect location for anyone wishing to take in Nottingham's city centre sights - everything's within walking distance. The staff are welcoming & friendly, the rooms are as good as you'd expect for a hotel of this standard, the bar is nice, the restaurant (which I didn't use) I'm told is very good & I can vouch that breakfast is awesome.

The leisure club has recently reopened, that's most certainly worth a look. The pool is large enough that serious exercise can be taken if desired, there's a jacuzzi come hot-tub thing which is rather pleasant, but the best bit for me was the steam room, which really is a steam room, not a whimpering copy of a steam room. The ice station just outside was very welcome. There are treatment rooms & various things can be booked, I wasn't staying long enough to sample anything so I can't comment on those, but they're available. Oh yes, there's a gym too, for anyone who feels the need.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Phil B,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It was great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found the team to be friendly and helpful. It was particularly pleasing to read your kind words regarding our new spa Urban Escape.

Rest assured I will share your review with the team.

Once again thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a lovely day visiting Sherwood Forest we were hot and tired and looking forward to staying at the De Vere's hotel which would have been at a quiet location with a car park. On arrival we were informed that due to an electrical fault we would have to stay at the Crowne Plaza. When we arrived at the Crowne plaza the person at reception told us that they only had a double room and if we wanted another room we would have to pay. We had asked for a twin room at de Vere's. So I had to share the bed with my mum. Neither of us got a very good nights sleep which is not what you want from a relaxing weekend break. The room was quite small and the walls were dirty with black marks. There was also a bad smell in the room and the windows do not open. The carpet had stains on it. The view out of the window was of the air condition units. During the night there was the sound of the lift and some other guests outside the door making some noise around 4am.
Although the staff were friendly and polite I would not choose to stay here even If I planned to stay close to the city. Also we did not want to drive as it would have been difficult to find the hotel and a parking space outside the hotel. The previous day we had stayed at Jury's Inn for half the cost and found parking outside the hotel which was free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank midhath d
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Midhath d,

Thank you for your recent review.

My apologies that you did not feel you had a relaxing break. I can appreciate that being booked out of the hotel that you had pre booked was not a great start to your weekend. I can also understand your dissapointment in not getting a twin room that you had booked at the De Vere, however we never had twin rooms available so a double was reserved for you.

Rest assuured I will make sure I pick up your comments regarding the walls and carpet in your bedroom. Howevere it was pleasing to read that you found our team freindly and helpful during your stay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to submit your review.