“Good.......”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 9 July 2014

........ City centre, shopping, horse racing.
We were only staying for one night so booked on a special package of standard double room with breakfast included.
We arrived around 11.30am but were unable to check in. The receptionist was less than helpful.
The room was fairly standard and rather small but OK for one night. However it was clean and comfortable. There were one or two other niggles, badly stained carpets, tired curtains, net curtains that could do with a wash but we really weren't that concerned about these. If we had been paying more per night and staying longer then these niggles might have been an issue.
Breakfast was superb. A lovely, fresh buffet selection. The hotel was busy so none of the hot food was sitting on hot plates for long.
I should add that when we finally checked in at 10.30 in the evening the receptionist on duty was very friendly and efficient.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear smithy87

Thank you for your recent review and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return.

We are currently finalising our refurbishment plans for the bedrooms and this will commence later in 2014.

I am sorry that you were unable to check in when you arrived early in the day and I would reassure you that had we not been full the night prior we would have gladly accommodated this for you. I will however pick up on your comments regarding the team.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Crowne Plaza very soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Hotel staff were lovely and friendly. The Hotel was clean and tidy. The shower in my daughters room did not work on the first night but was fixed the next day. My other daughters double room was very small and the window overlooked the plastic Atrium where the Spa Facilities are. The windows in all the rooms we had did not open? The room got very stuffy unless you had the Air Con on. The drinks at the Hotel Bar were expensive but we had some free vouchers from the booking we made. The Breakfast in the Morning was gorgeous, loads of it, loads of choice and good service from the Staff. It seemed to be a favourite for Hen Do's etc and there was also a wedding party, so probably not the best place for young kids. I had a fantastic time but did not use the Spa Facilities but you do get 90 minutes free, we just didn't have time!!
I would recommend this Hotel for girlie weekends away, or young couples wanting to go clubbing as it is near to the city centre. I enjoyed the weekend.

Room Tip: The Twin Rooms are bigger than the Doubles.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear SharonMcCartney

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and tidy and the staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Crowne Plaza very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at here just for one night-it was a last minute booking and we were not disappointed. We booked an executive room on the 8th floor and it was perfect. Good size room, very quiet and access to the Club Lounge where complimentary drinks, canapés and continental breakfast were served. We dined in the restaurant and the food and service were top quality. When my husband ordered a glass of wine and the waiter forgot to bring it to the table, he was most apologetic and served him a complimentary large glass as opposed to the standard one he ordered. We also used the spa and again were not disappointed. We left 100% relaxed and chilled. Would definitely recommend it.
NB One criticism which was nothing to do with the hotel staff/facilities but mindless selfish individuals. There was a wedding reception at the hotel when we stayed. A female guest from the wedding party entered the Club Lounge on Saturday evening and brazenly took the bottle(s) of white wine from the fridge into her room. Several minutes later another female guest came in and took all the red wine into her room, thus leaving no wine at all for other guests. Staff immediately attended to this when notified but I cannot believe how utterly selfish some people are!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear mac110393,

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay.

It was so pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your last minute stay with us. Rest assured I will share your kind words with the team as I know they will be as pleased as I.

Once again thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Check in starts at 2pm but when we arrived we had to wait 20 minutes for a room to be ready. TV remote had a flat battery. One desk lamp not working.it is these little things that call the four star rating into question. Rooms are indeed small I would even say cramped if you are a couple.More space at the three star Ramada across the road at half the price. One saving grace is an excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank truane

Dear Truane,

Many thanks for your recent review.

My apologies for the maintenance issues within your room. Rest assured I will speak to housekeeping regarding this to ensure that all issues are rectified before a guest checks in.

It was great however to read that you found our breakfast excellent, I will of course share your kind words with the food and beverage teams.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham for my girlfriends birthday Sat 28th June.
The hotel is in a really good location within walking distance to the shopping areas and nightlife.

We opted to eat out right opposite the hotel at Marco Pierre's which was brilliant and expensive but you do get £5 free bet to spend at the casino it shares the building with.

Our biggest problem was the fact that we booked a King Club Room on the top floor but this room was actually very small not a familiar Crowne Plaza standard and we always stay at Crowne Plaza hotels and this one had the smallest room we have ever stayed in especially since we paid that little bit more to stay on the club floor.

Every else was ok nice hotel, nice staff, nice spa area and very clean but very small rooms considering its a Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeeBoy01
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear LeeBoy01,

Thank you for your recent review.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay however my apologies for your disappointment regarding your room size.

Once again thank you and I hope your girlfriend had a great birthday

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and my wife stayed here Saturday 28th June as we were attending a wedding reception at this hotel.
First thing parking was very simple plenty of spaces, On entering the hotel first impressions were it was very nice.
We checked in at 12:45 check in is normally 14:00 but they had our room ready early so we could get ready for the wedding.
Once checked in we went to our room and it was perfect good size plenty of mirrors so we could both get ready!! Very modern room.
The reception in the Royal Suite was really good very nice food and good bar prices.
Breakfast in the morning was great nice fry up help yourself to what ever you require!
When I come to Nottingham again for a night out I will only stay here and I will recommend this hotel to all people I know that are going to Nottingham for the night!
Thanks very much we will be back.

Room Tip: I was in room 437 was fine no noise from around the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Wayne L,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your stay last weekend.

It was really pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and in particular had a great time at the wedding. Rest assured I will share your kind words with the team as they mean a lot to them.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a very good hotel in a great location for visiting the city. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The desk staff very friendly. The spa facilities were lovely especially as myself and friends had them all to ourselves for most of the time we were in there. The only downside was the service in the restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast itself was very nice and a great choice. But, first it took a while for our names to be found on the list, it took us a long time to get tea served to the table and when finished it took a long time for our plates to be taken away. Good stay overall though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Fraggle42

Thank you so much for your very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I have already fed you comments back to the food and beverage manager to investigate regarding the service at breakfast yesterday morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nottingham very soon.