“Probably the best we get”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As a touring theatre team member we get put into which ever hotel the company can get a good deal at.

Well we struck gold with this one. Great location - Next to the theatre. Lovely warm friendly staff. Very comfy rooms. Very clean, great choice on breakfast. Able to use the spa swimming pool, fantastic. The company always book us all in here and im glad they do. the location of this is great for us and are able to get some much needed quality time back in our rooms when ever we can.

The only negative point is the bathroom. It so needs a make over. dont get me wrong its clean but there grout is now discoloured and there is paint flaking off.

Would I recommend people to stay here, if you can afford it yes. Ive read some of the other reviews on here about the noise from the Rock City Nightclub and to be honest i was on the 6th floor and didnt notice anything. Yes there was a bit of noise coming from a drunken Hen night party, but as soon as they were in there rooms you didnt hear them.

Cant wait for 2016 cause im sure we will be back again

Room Tip: Higher rooms mean less noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hmonster
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear hmonster

Thank you so much for your very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we too look forward to seeing back again when you next tour Nottingham.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a really nice stay at this hotel. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. (Superior twin) The bar area is nice and I liked the layout!
Unfortunately the breakfast was a let down, very oily!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear leeloveridge

Thank you for your very kind review.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please rest assured I will pick up on your comments regarding breakfast.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Second stay in Nottingham but first time stay at this hotel, pleasantly surprised, very good rate for bed and breakfast, breakfast choice was varied and good quality and bedroom although small was more than adequate, would certainly stay at this hotel again

Stayed: July 2014
ManagerCrownePlaza, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Colin W

Thank you so much for your very kind review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you will return.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was quite impressed with the appearance as I arrived for check in. I spoke with a lovely and polite man (Simon) who dealt with my reservation. I was booked in on the seventh floor and my room was just opposite the lift. At first glance, the room looked clean and well maintained. It had a mini bar which was handy for me, as I needed to keep my drinks cool. The bed was comfortable and I slept quite well on my first night.

The small things really do make a difference and unfortunately, this wasn’t the case in my room. The complimentary tray looked as if it hadn’t been cleaned in a while, and this was the same for the base of the kettle. It was the same story with the telephones as well. The desk lamp didn’t work when I switched it on. I checked under the desk, and there were cables and wires lying around along with the plug.

The bathroom was quite small, but everything was in good working order. It was difficult getting to sleep on my last night, as I was woken by other people in the corridor, in the early hours outside my room. I had issues with the internet because I couldn’t get connected for some time. I was given a couple of vouchers instead which was ok for a short time. It just seemed like too much hassle in the end to use the internet. Breakfast was really good with a lot to choose from, both hot and cold.I also ordered room service while I was here, and I was pleased with that.

The first morning that I had breakfast, I was quite shocked to see that the jam jars and cutlery at my table was covered in dust. I can only explain it as if someone had been drilling in the wall nearby, and had not cleaned up after themselves. I changed my mind about having tea as I was not going to risk using the cups as well as the cutlery. The plates could have been a lot cleaner too.
There needs to be a lot more attention to detail with every aspect of cleanliness, otherwise it will not leave a very good impression of the hotel. Apart from the issues, I did like staying here and I hope to again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is located far away from the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Maximusclegirl,
Many thanks for you recent review.

My apologies that you felt attention to detail was lacking in the room and restaurant cleanliness, rest assured I will pick up your comments with the relevant team members.

It was great however to read that you enjoyed room service and breakfast.

Once again my apologies and we hope to welcome you back

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Lunch was what we went for and were not disappointed. Service with a smile comfortable surroundings quick and efficient service at a reasonable price. Rated at an agreeable 4 star and situated in the centre of Nottingham this is a very useful location with easy parking ease of access to theatres and night life.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RobEll4348,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your lunch experience, rest assured I will pass on your kind words to the team.

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We booked a good deal in a deluxe room with a three course meal in the restaurant and breakfast at the Crowne Plaza for last Sunday night but unfortuantely the hotel was not able to deliver.
The hotel is part of IHG group and I am a rewards member. Stays at Holiday Inn (also part of the IHG group) have always been good and when my wife and I arrived everything was ready and all I had to do was sign and go to the room on the 8th floor. So far so good.
Only they had forgotten to program the key cards. Five minutes later we are back with working keys and into the room. Plush and comfortable but very hot as we have been having a very hot spell lately. So we turned on the aircon and a minute later a fault light came on and it stopped. A visit to the bathroom also told us there were no towels.
Not to be beaten we decided to tell reception on our way to the restaurant. They were apologetic and promised to sort everything while we had our 3 course meal, bought as part of our deal for our one night stay. What they didn't tell us was that the restaurant is not open on Sundays.
We were allowed £15 each for the bar menu but, with a menu where a beef burger is almost £14, it meant it didnt go that far towards a "three course meal" and not sure a burger was quite what I had been expecting.
Oh well, at least the towels and air con were being sorted, so we headed back to the room to find our towels on the bed but the aircon was smiling at us with its nice bright fault light again.
Back to reception and they agreed to move us to another room. The new room and bed were both smaller (so assume not a deluxe), but decor was nice and the the air con was ice cold so we were happy enough now it was cool enough to sleep, and the squeeky doors (mentioned by other revieweres) did not cause much of an issue as I used the Hotel sleep assist system (they provide a scented spray for your pillow to help you relax). Being Eucalyptus oil it also works a treat as an alternative to WD 40 on squeaky door hinges!.
The staff were considerate and did sort our room issues. We even got a free drink as recompense for our inconvenience. But a hotel of this level should not have so many basic problems and the absence of a restaurant service is very dissappointing, especially when you have pre-paid for a 3 course meal that you cant get within the restrictions of their alternative bar food subsidy.
So probably a nice hotel for a businessman during the week, but dont stay here on Sunday night.

Room Tip: Deluxe 8th floor has squeaky corridor door. Get a standard double on a lower floor for similar stand...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard_Para
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Richard_Para,

Many thanks for your recent review.

My apologies that you had issues with your room. I was glad to read that the team managed to find you an alternative room which was more comfortable.

I am also sorry that your dining experience was disappointing, rest assured I will pick up your comments with the F&B manager,.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back

Reviewed 22 July 2014

stayed here on the 19th july for one night for my 21st birthday, great hotel with good sized rooms. we also got bath robes in the room which was great when getting ready for a night out. just wish we'd had time to use the spa facilites. would recommend for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahgraveling

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

It so pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay I hope you had a truly great 21st birthday!

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.