“Wouldn't even bother.”

Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
lincoln
“Wouldn't even bother.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner had to stay here for a friend's wedding when I arrived our room wasn't ready as the people before hadn't checked out yet but we were informed that as soon as they left it would be clean and we would be checked in. so we went into my sisters room, she had checked in the day before and our room was right next door we were there 10 minutes before we saw the people in the next room Leave so we thought we would be in soon enough but we weren't the coach for the wedding turned up and we still wasn't checked in. so we had to check in at 1am after the wedding.. We paid £105 for 11 hours in a room that should of been ready. The lounge was a massive disappointment also.. hardly any drink avaliable and no breakfast left. There was no air conditioning in our room so we were very hot. The only thing I can actually compliment is the comfy bed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sbaby24
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Sbaby24,

Thank you for your review.

My sincere apologies that your room wasn’t ready before you left for the wedding. We do try to accommodate early arrivals however we can not guarantee this due to guests departing the room. My apologies if the air conditioning wasn't working in your room, I hope the team managed to turn this around when you made them aware.

Once again my apologies and I hope you had a great day at the wedding.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I would pretty much agree with many of the previous reviews, which I read after I got back. Lovely hotel, very well situated, very pleasant and charming staff who were helpful. Rooms are however, 'tired' and do need a boost. Generally the room we stayed in was good and the room staff were more than helpful with the additional folding bed and towels.
Upside - the pillow sprays were excellent and I feel I slept well. Nice to have a reasonably sized bath. Cosmetics were a touch better than those I have experienced before and I felt nice, walking out in the evening. Decor was nice throughout the main part of the hotel.
Downside - as usual, pricey wi-fi, dressing gown I had, was very well worn in fact the shoulder joins had worn away.
Strangely, the hotel always seemed 'empty' even a mealtimes. A good or bad point I don't know.

Would I stay there again, yes, the downside problems are easily rectified and did not put me off.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear James B,

Many thanks for your review.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and in particular found our team charming and very pleasant. Rest assured i will pass your kind words on.

My apologies the dressing gown in the room was below standard rest assured i will pick this up with housekeeping. In regards to the wifi, I am pleased to say that all IHG reward members now receive complimentary wifi throughout their stay and these benefits start as soon as you sign up, even upon arrival

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Handy for city centre if going out for drinks or a meal. Rooms clean but in need of refurb, shower over bath. Hair dryer in room. Worth the stay for use of the spa, pool and gym....excellent spotless facilities. Was there the night of the fire in the old pool and the new set up is fantastic, couldn't get booked in for treatment as it was too busy. Food has also improved but service in bar area is still hit and miss. Breakfast as always great with wide choice of food. Still no free wi-fi unless a member of IHG

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Avril S,

Many thanks for your review.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and in particular Urban Escape of brand new Spa. Rest assured I will pass your kind words on. You will also be pleased to know that we are finalising a refurbishment plan for our bedrooms which will address your comments raised.

Once again thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

On entering the hotel it was modern and clean. Unfortunately the standard double room my wife and I had booked was looking a bit tired. The carpet and wallpaper were stained. The room itself was small and felt a bit claustraphobic. Its a pity we couldn't open a window to get a breeze, instead had to rely on the noisy aircon. After a good 1st impression with the reception and bar area we left disappointed with the room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Darrell F,

Many thanks for your recent review.

My apologies for your disappointment in your bedroom,. Whilst I appreciate it wont affect your recent stay we are in the final stages of finalising a refurbishment plan that will hopefully address the issues you have raised.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for two nights at a weekend. When we arrived we had to park on the 8th floor of the car park, get a lift down to the first floor walk past the bar to another lift, catch another lift down to the reception then we had to get in another lift to our room as our room was on the 5th floor. When we came to check out ,all lifts were out of order so had yo use many stairs.Not good on a very busy weekend. Room was ok but small.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AdrainV,

Many thanks for your review regarding your recent stay.

My apologies that the car park lift was out of order on the day you departed. Rest assured an engineer was called and the part needed was ordered.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in hotel as easy access to transport links and to middle of Nottingham. Good sized room and clean. Not at all noisy despite being close to nightclubs. Good breakfast though part of hot food was lukewarm. Over zealous staff taking plates etc. Would stay again though difficult to find attached car park.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
rm_cpnottingham, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nottingham, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Southealing,

Many thanks for your recent review.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you would return to the hotel.

I will pick up your comments with the head chef regarding the temperature of hot food at breakfast.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back

stoke on trent
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As a touring theatre team member we get put into which ever hotel the company can get a good deal at.

Well we struck gold with this one. Great location - Next to the theatre. Lovely warm friendly staff. Very comfy rooms. Very clean, great choice on breakfast. Able to use the spa swimming pool, fantastic. The company always book us all in here and im glad they do. the location of this is great for us and are able to get some much needed quality time back in our rooms when ever we can.

The only negative point is the bathroom. It so needs a make over. dont get me wrong its clean but there grout is now discoloured and there is paint flaking off.

Would I recommend people to stay here, if you can afford it yes. Ive read some of the other reviews on here about the noise from the Rock City Nightclub and to be honest i was on the 6th floor and didnt notice anything. Yes there was a bit of noise coming from a drunken Hen night party, but as soon as they were in there rooms you didnt hear them.

Cant wait for 2016 cause im sure we will be back again

Room Tip: Higher rooms mean less noise