“Pleasantly surprised - a hotel worth remembering”

Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
UK
“Pleasantly surprised - a hotel worth remembering”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for just the one night in order to attend a friend's event one weekend.
On booking the hotel I had thought it would be a pretty cheap budget option and it would be ok.
But I actually thought this hotel was better than budget -
I had a room at the end of a corridor so it was fairly quiet.
It had a very smart bathroom with toiletries, all clean and tidy. The room was smallish but well presented - so double bed desk area and a clothes hanging and shoe shelf area. Comfortable bed, lots of pillows - all facilities - tea and coffee and it had a hair dryer in the room (more than travel lodge provide!)
I opted to have breakfast - It was buffet style but all very nice , comfortable and relaxing.
All in I thought this was a good option - it isnt in the city centre which suited me as it was close to where my friend lives so may not suit if you want to be very central but if you want to be in this area then Id recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: My room was the end of a corridor so only had another room on one side - quiet and all fine
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just returned from a two night stay at the Park Inn, Nottingham. A little bit wary from previous recent reviews, I was pleasantly surprised!

On arrival, free parking was easy and plentiful. Reception staff were friendly enough and competent, although booking-in was busy at the time.

The room was quite small, but very functional and clean. The bathroom particularly was spotless, with a great shower. The TV was good, easily seen from the bed, and the free Wi-Fi worked really well, with excellent connection. Only slight negative from the room was lack of biscuits! (Sorry to be picky).

My wife used the leisure club facilities and gave the thumbs-up. No complaints there. Nice pool, steam room, sauna etc., towels and locker provided (with a £1 coin required and returned).

We used the restaurant on our first night, as part of our deal, and the food was first class. Unfortunately the hotel was mostly booked by Law Professionals, who use the hotel regularly. They use separate dining facilities, which means the main restaurant is very, very quiet, with little atmosphere.

Breakfast was first class - fruit juice, lots of cereals, fresh fruit and continental cheeses & hams, before choosing from an excellent range of hot buffet items (including the all-important black pudding!). (Order fried and poached eggs from the staff). Put your choice of sliced white/brown bread in the toaster at your convenience.

The bar/restaurant staff aren’t as dynamic, helpful and knowledgeable as you might expect, but their performance is of a reasonable standard.

Access to the city centre is first-class – lots of buses going past the front door every few minutes - £1.70 each way. Taxi one-way was £4.20.

Room Tip: We were in Room 125 - nothing exceptional, but not too far from the lifts
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swinman
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Arrived on a horrid wet Thursday night, not really welcomed, sort of grunted at. Which was dissappointing. I'd asked for a room at the back of the hotel, see previous reviews, and was told 'We could'nt have one at the back but at the side', but again very mumbly and could'nt care less attitude from the receptionist. The lift was dimly lit and just a bit scary. Our room was made to look small we think by the furnishings, and no wardrobe!!! which we both found odd. But, exceptionally clean, and functional. A big well done to the cleaners, the bathroom was sparkling!!! There were small stains on the carpet, but really not an issue. The bed linen was good and the bed very comfy. Just that 'hanging' space was weird. First night was brilliant, hardly any traffic noise and we both slept soundly. Breakfast was good, good choices available and service was very good , polite good, thank you Zoe. The shower had a power issue, but all that meant was it took a little longer to have a shower, but hot. Breakfast on second morning was a challenge: miscommunication and a jobsworth, rude, breakfast waitress. We did get the problem sorted, but the waitress really ought to remember who pays her wages!!!! We were told it would be addressed which we believe. We shall be returning to the Park Inn, because it is very good for our needs; we walk into town which is NOT that far, and buy presents and just relax in our room, and the Park delievered all we wanted. We look forward to returning in 2014.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel when on a trip up to Nottingham earlier this month to see a play. The hotel was comfortable enough for a night or two but I have some issues with the fact they are not that 'disabled friendly'.

1. No access at the front for disabled persons, only *very* steep steps. No visible sign indicating where there might be disabled access in/out of the hotel.

2. Lifts very small in size and not suitable for anyone in a wheelchair.

3. There is a disabled changing room for anyone wanting to use the pool, if you can get yourself down a very long flight of stairs in the first place! Even getting to the gym area could be problematical as there is no sign of any stair lifts etc.

4. Standard rooms are very narrow which means getting around the bed could be interesting.

I think this hotel has only done what it barely needs to in terms of complying with law in the UK to do with disabled facilities, It really *should* make it quite clear in their advertising that facilities for those who need more help beyond a basic walking stick (which is me and I found it difficult, especially on needing to leave the hotel on foot int he dark, which meant walking down an unpaved tunnel with a sharp corner in the dark!) are severely restricted and not suitable for those with mobility impairments.

Room Tip: Call ahead in advance to check if you can receive assistance if you have any disability issues.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently stayed at this so called "hotel", it was more like a waterpark! The ceiling was falling apart and there was water everywhere, and this was in the main reception so not a great first impression! The staff were also very rude by accusing myself and my friends of causing a room to flood when we clearly hadn't....they said it was nothing to do with the plumbing problems they were clearly having!!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank serjio24

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

When I arrived at the hotel there were leaks everywhere in the reception in the hallways. The carpet was wet and squidgy. It was evident that plumbing was literally bursting at the seams!!

On departure I was advised that The hotel had charged my credit card £250 as I was responsible for flooding in my room!!
I was accused are leaving the tap running overnight!! When I questioned the rest of the hotel flooding I was told that that was a separate issue!!
Wonder how many other people they're going to try to scam with!!

I'm trying to go through my credit card to get my £250 back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smithy306
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was there for a convention in November 2012, so more or less tied to the hotel for three days. I never saw the centre of Nottingham at all as I drove in from the motorway, however, I got the impression it wasn't very convenient for the city.

The room was clean, but a little tired and to be honest I've slept in more comfortable beds, but it was passable and reasonable value for money as I shared a twin room with a friend for the weekend. (We did have to separate the beds which were pushed together on arrival.) The facilitries were pretty much standard and the room didn't have a huge amount of circulation space. Social space in the hotel was adequate for the convention and the meeting rooms were also adequate, but not impressive. Some of the lower level meeting rooms were dingy and a bit claustrophobic due to lack of natural light, but in context were perfectly usable.

We ate our evening meals in the hotel and found them a bit over-priced for the quality of food, but it saved trying to find a restaurant locally, so for us it was worth it and I'd do it again

Car parking was easy and free (negotiated by the convention, I believe). If you joined the hotel's membership scheme you also got free access to wi-fi (but otherwise not, I understand). It wouldn't have been the easiest place to find without satnav, but with satnav was no problem at all, though I drove past it first time round and had to turn and make a second approach.

I'd be happy to stay there again for the same convention, but it wouldn't be .a hotel I'd pick for a leisure break.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
NottMgt, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Nottingham, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us, and for bringing your experience to our attention. Park Inn by Radisson, Nottingham is situated less than 2km from the City Centre with extensive links via Public Transport located immediately outside the Main Entrance.

For the benefit for any future guests reading this, I must respectfully advise that Car Parking is provided complimentary to all hotel guests and patrons with over 200 spaces. We do request that all guests log vehicle registrations on arrival, however on this occasion due to the high numbers attending the Conference, we were more than happy to suspend this to prevent any unnecessary delays on check-in.

We sincerely hope that should you choose to return to us next year, your stay with us will be much improved and comparable to the overall positive feedback we have received from other delegates.

Best Regards,