“I have stayed at better hotels in Albania!”
Review of Hilton Nottingham

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a really poor hotel. Unfortunately, I have had a similar mediocre experience at the Hilton in Brighton. That makes this the second time I have had a poor experience with the Hilton. I am extremely unlikely to stay at another Hilton again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Booked in for two nights in a Deluxe double room what a shock the room was the size of a broom cupboard with the furniture squashed in, old tired and tatty looking, not what one expected, with builders in the next room working and walking past our windows I went and had a word with the very polite helpful receptionist who was able to move us to a much better room not a upgrade but much bigger and better with no builders !!! She also gave us a voucher for a free drink ! The bar grill a complete let down for a 4 star hotel , food basic and when I asked for a hot drink at 10.30 pm was told they were not serving hot drinks but as we left at 11pm a gentlemen guest walked past us with a hot chocolate !!!!
Not impressed !! very dated hotel really needs a re vamp . Would not stay again, although the receptionists could not be more helpful . Shame the location great .

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Juliabella
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Despite a few minor issues I really like this hotel. When it comes to business options in my price range Nottingham is fairly limited, but I’m reasonably happy to recommend Hilton Nottingham. If only this and other Hiltons would accept Wifi is part of their guests business requirements and provide a good WIFI connection free of charge!

The good points
Great location
Charming staff
Excellent gym, pool and spa
Comfortable room
Good selection of water/ tea etc
Limited free Wifi

Not so good items
I stayed here twice the first time the outside was being redecorated, so this resulted in some disruption and then last week I was on the sixth floor, the floor beyond lift access. I was next to the Victoria centre and they appear to have giant boilers that made a noise all night like an aeroplane on ‘stand by’
The Wifi requires you to re enter your log in about every 20 minutes which become a complete pain!
No fridge in the room

Room Tip: avoid rooms next to the Victoria centre boilers
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Nottingham for one night as a base for going to the Capital FM Arena.

Background: stayed here in March as my husband took his daughter to see Justin Bieber. The stay was a disaster from start to finish so they invited us back to the hotel with the offer of free accommodation. So we took them up on their offer and booked tickets to see Micky Flanagan.

The correspondence with Hilton Nottingham regarding the stay (Fiona) was very good and dealt with in a very professional manner, even extending the timeframe to accommodate us. Thank you.

We arrived last night at 1930, everything people say about the nightmare of a one way system is absolutely true, so were running late and were quickly and very professionally booked in by Imran on Reception (who is an absolute star by the way).

Given the nightmare we had last time and the fact this was a complimentary stay I would have thought they would have at least have put us in a room that was beyond reproach. It wasn't to be.

The room itself was ok-ish on entering. Not huge, but we were only going to sleep in it after all. The issues we had were around the general cleanliness and maintenance.

The bathroom had SEVEN cracked tiles on the floor, one of which was quite sharp and 1 tile by the bath that was loose on the floor.

On the surface above the tea and coffee facilities was tea stained and we thought it was stained through use, but when my husband touched it, it was very sticky and could be removed. The room was dirty.

The room had an air cooler which was one of those tower affairs which stood about 4ft tall and about 2ft across which was great until you put it on. At that point you understood why it was leaning against the wall....it only had three wheels which meant when you put it on it was unstable and fell over!

There were stains on the radiator and the carpet, stain on the net curtain and a rather dubious piece of 'matter' behind the bedside light. My husband thinks it is the type of matter one would find in ones nose....but we can not confirm that, obviously.

The positives at this hotel are the staff. Imran on reception, the lady at breakfast and our server Chris. The concierge was as always helpful and informative.

The bar service was very slow, but that's what you get when you have only one person serving and he is trying to make coffees, cocktails and pull pints. He desperately needed help. The bar man was brilliant and very professional. As always at this hotel, it is the staff that haul Hiltons behinds out of the fire!

The breakfast was fantastic. A good enough selection but the hot section was one of the best I have seen where everything was very well cooked and it was all very tasty. The only let down here was that the floor was absolutely filthy, but this was a common theme throughout the hotel.

The staff make this hotel but the accommodation breaks the hotel. Come on Hilton you are letting your staff and your customers down at this property.

We couldn't wait to leave. We checked in at 1930, checked out at 0800. We paid the first time, got a free nights stay the second and I wouldn't return again even if they paid me. Sounds harsh, and I feel for the staff, but I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their hard earned cash here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Beware, if you arrive by car there are restrictions on the road outside, if you enter from the wrong direction and end up in the bus and taxi lane you will be liable to a £60 fine!
The hotel in average to say the least, my room was very small and in a poor state of decor and the corridors needed a good Hoover. Breakfast was ok but overall would I go back, no thanks!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been at the Hilton in Nottingham for over 80 nights this year and intend on at least another 80. The team are incredible, whenever there is a problem or something I need they take is personally and deliver. The exec rooms are modern and refreshing, the internet connection is great and works throughout the hotel. On one of my trips I brought my family up and the team here went out of their way to make them feel at home and special. Fully recommend this establishment.

Kevin Kennedy

Room Tip: Ask for 418
Reviewed 10 November 2013

City centre location, perfect for our overnight stay to see a show at the capital one arena (10-15 minute walk). I've read a lot of the reviews for this hotel and an awful lot of them seem a little harsh, but then again we were only staying one night and we were pretty lucky that our front facing (and elevator facing) room was really quiet on the night we were there. Admittedly this is a pretty average Hilton and maybe not realLy worthy of the name,however, it is certainly not the worst one I've ever been in. We got a good deal with the room and breakfast was included, decent selection of hot and cold food. Staff encountered all seemed friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends